Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. Last week, my dealer had an SunBurst SXT Sport coming in with my name on it...but due to be delivered to him at the end of the month. I was "patient"...sort of. I checked vehicle inventory this morning and found that our area had received a shipment of Calibers...probably yesterday. This morning, I picked up the phone and called my dealer. Lo-and-behold, he had a cancel on an R/T! Can you believe that?!?! I shaggled my glutimous maximus to the dealership and made me a purchase. I am so much happier with the R/T than I would have been with the SXT Sport...I hope. Major difference is going to be in the gas mileage...but I'll suck that up.

I got a Bright Silver Metallic R/T with options out the wah-zoo. Leather seats-heated; sun roof; Music gate system; 6-Disc Radio w/SIRIUS; chrome 18" P-I-M-P wheels that makes heads turn; and that awsome 2.4L DOHC CVT2 Autostick. ...and more.

This was my first vehicle with autostick. I've read about it but had no idea of what I was getting into. I test drove an SXT Sport, but I just puttered around with the CVT2 like Grandpa. I thought the CVT2 took away from the engine performance a bit, but I was willing to live with that. Let me tell you something. That autostick function is off-the-hook! I'm glad I got it. I already see that I will be a dual personality driver: CVT2 with my wife in the car; and AUTOSTICK with my 17 y/o son or by myself. There's a lot of engine control offered by the autostick. I know I'm going to disrupt the anticipated 23 MPG fuel economy by using the autostick function a lot. I'll keep you informed of how bad things get...if they get bad at all.

I'll take pictures tomorrow after church.

WOW! That prospective buyer missed out on an excellent R/T AWD!

Tyke

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Tyke! You are the one who told about this forum, I still use the other one but this one ROCKS!!! Thanks.

You are going to love the R/T, glad you got it. My wife adores hers!! When I get to drive it - weekends only lately, I am using the cr*p out of the autostick - she doesn't get it but likes it!!! We are averaging 26.6 to the gallon, mostly freeway driving. Your not supposed to use it all the time. Kevin Costner said "Build it and they will come" DCX said "Add it to the car and they will use it!" - I might have made that up, oh well!

I am so used to manual valve bodies in my muscle cars that I just have to play with it in the R/T.

We started with 25 mpg and now have 26. I really hope this car pans out, because after the two year lease runs out I may end up with hers and she might get another one or she might keep it and I might get an SRT. YEA BABY!!!

ps get the rear mudflaps with the AWD, seems to help the road grime.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And here are the pictures I promised last night.

At DC's Hayne's Point.

Overlooking DC's marina.

I took it on an extended drive today...playing with the autostick. That's just TOO cool. Oh...and my gauge indicates 23.4 MPG.

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow! The pictures looks sweet! Lovin the Caliber. :D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
MrTyke: Congrats on the delivery of a Caliber R/T!!:D:)

Looks like you are happy with the recent purchase and you seem to be having loads of fun too....can you tell I am jealous??:D

I hope they are right about the Caliber R/T FWD CVT2 w/ Autostick becoming late availability (at least that is what my brochure says) because that is what I am holding out for!! I can't wait!! I like the 2.4L, but don't really need AWD system.

Great pictures too by the way!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Naaaahh..no one can tell you're jealous Joe...:D

Screw that Joe, I'm holding out on the SRT-4...:D:D:p

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Xtreme Thunder said:
Looks like you are happy with the recent purchase ....can you tell I am jealous??:D

I can't wait!!
Let me tell you. This has been the best vehicle that I've purchased...EVER. The AWD should compare well with the FWD particularly since the AWD function will not kick in unless it is needed (good safety feature). Otherwise, it's FWD...just as you're gaming for.

Jealousy! :p :D

Tyke

·
Registered
137 Posts
Having owned an R/T for just over a week myself now I must agree with everything you say, Tyke. The autostick is like having a passing gear on crack. It won't help you get off the line any better, but once you're rolling the shifts are rediculously quick and the RPM's climb fast. Last night I was running late when I left home to get to class, but I arrived on time thanks to the autostick. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did not see a mileage thread anywhere, but.... Just an update and letting you know that we dropped slightly in gas mileage from the 26 last time to 25.9!! Well I guess that autostick feature just sucks up the gas!! The R/T is still behaving nicely. Hope to see the 26's again soon or 27 if I stay away from it!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Man, can't wait for my R/T to come in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats man on a sweet ride.....

on another note:

I want my R/T back.............:mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts