Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got bored...And tired of the front grille.
So, I thought I would cut up my brand new grille(wife about sh-t)
I love it. I think I can live with it for awhile till something new comes out that catches my eye, and that I can afford. I will be doing mesh below too, but that will be in a few months.

http://photobucket.com/albums/l23/bdg77/

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Looks good and saved you a bunch of money over buying a pre-made "kit"

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks good. I like that waaaay more than those billet grills.

·
Registered
246 Posts
bg77 said:
Well, I got bored...And tired of the front grille.
So, I thought I would cut up my brand new grille(wife about sh-t)
I love it. I think I can live with it for awhile till something new comes out that catches my eye, and that I can afford. I will be doing mesh below too, but that will be in a few months.

http://photobucket.com/albums/l23/bdg77/
Very nice grille mod bg!:cool: It really sets you apart with a nice clean look too. Now you need to go into business, maybe call it the BG Mesh Grille. I have a feeling it won't be long till we start seeing lots of aftermarket grilles coming out.

Medic

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks sweet!!! Hubby and I need to come up with something like that for our cali... dont want to jack your idea though....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it, it will look alot better when I get the mesh done on the botton of the bumper. It was not to big of a pain in the butt. All I did was I took the grille out and went at it with my dremel(using a carbide cutting wheel for all the big stuff, and the round/barrel sanding wheel for finishing up). I cut everything out and away that was not chrome. I left all the tabs and the plastic bolts, so it still mounts the same in the car. Very simple, but very time consuming. Then I used a 2 part model epoxy, 100% silicone(clear), and shoe glue. Yes, I said shoe glue that stuff is awesome. I have used it for years with R/C Racing. Sounds crazy, but hell it worked.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I like it!

I don't have the chrome grille. I wonder how that would look on a marine blue grille with black mesh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is that the mesh for rain gutter covers ? My friend did all the openings in the grill on his eclipse in that stuff and it was awesome didnt rust held up great and it was like 10 bucks a roll at a home repair store.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it would look even better if the chrome was not chrome and the same color as my car. I got the mesh from my local auot parts store. I got the box outside I will get the info from it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Polished Aluminum, made by American Products Co., part # 821051P, Universal Fit. That is it.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
looks awesome! i wasnt that big of a fan of the original grill, what with the cheap plastic and all...and that it is only cut out in the middle a little bit

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love it, that looks great, I done something similar to my Ranger a number of years ago. it still looks great. I will post pics of it soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was there any way to get it apart with out cutting the origional grille up?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope, had to cut it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very nice and something to look into as I want the grille from T-Rex but that will cost me close to 300.00

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah for the price it was just right for now. I paid about $40.00 for everything.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts