Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and picked up my Caliber today! This thing is freakin' awesome! Definitely worth the wait for anyone who is still waiting. The motor seemed to have good power (2 Liter) and got 26.5 MPG on the way home which isn't bad for an engine with 3 miles on it. The MusicGate sounds amazing. Tons of bass and no distortion no matter how high you turn it up. Sirius is a nice feature although the lady on the phone to activate it wasn't very nice to me at all! :mad:

One thing I noticed about the daytime running lamps is that they don't turn on until you take it out of park which I thought was interesting. I had the rear windows tinted and it looks really good.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm glad so far that I got it.

You can see my sig for the specs of the car. I will post photos tomorrow when its nicer out. Very yucky outside today here.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
One thing I noticed about the daytime running lamps is that they don't turn on until you take it out of park which I thought was interesting. .
Congrats, and don't panic when the DRL's go off when you signal a turn, they're supposed to.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Congrats!!!

we seem to have a run these days on the "I got my car" reports! this is good news!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here are some crappy pics of it... I'll post better pics tomorrow or when ever its not overcast outside:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my camera probably didn't help any. Its a color you have to see in person to know what it really looks like. Camera and screens don't do any justice. The seat inserts are actually florescent orange basically, not the reddish color it shows from my camera.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Did you know that you can detach the center seat belt and stick the end into a plastic clip on the side panel behind the seat.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Grats!....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey!! That looks like my car. :) I totally agree it was worth the wait. But I'm so glad the wait is over for both of us. :D

Orange Calibers rock!!!!:cool:

Congrats

~M

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Congrats man, nice looking Caliber. The tint looks great.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats from me also!! I'm days away also. Was told sometime this week, or early next week at the latest. It does seem like alot of us are starting to see the reward of our patience...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it seems like all of the Apr/May/early June orders are starting to get built now. So for all of you who ordered in that time frame should see some progress soon.

Thanks everyone! I guess it was a real PITA (Pain in the ass) to tint those windows according to the guy who did it. Sounded like the door panels don't come off or go back on very easily. He said he wanted to throw a stick of dynamite in there when he got done. :D Thought that was funny.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats!!!... I bet you haven't stopped smiling since you got it..

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't! I already got over 100 miles on it! I can't believe how good the MusicGate sound system is. Its pretty damn amazing the amount of clarity, it has with TONS of bass. IMO, its more than worth the $495 option!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A question to anyone who has a Caliber with sunroof and the sunroof deflector:

Does it lessen the amount of wind noise with the sun roof opened all the way back? Also does it seem to effect your gas milage? I was just wondering before I went ahead and spend the $53 for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats (again ;) ) - enjoy it, can't wait to see it with the mods!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts