Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people got the new car Sunburst Orange SXT Sport 2.0 diesel
Happy with her but had a few niggley problems like the light bulb gone from the air recirculate button that was missed during inspection. The dealer said no problems bring her in and we will fix it.
Apart from that She is still very tight and knotchy on the gear box guess needs another 1,000 miles to bed in.
33.5MPG I'm getting in town doing nothing but about 30mph in traffic.
The sound system is good and I had done afew custom touches before it left the dealership. I will post pictures later but the 18" alloys are too small needs 20".

I have never seen another Caliber on the road in South East London mine seems to be the only one for now.

A funny story this morning I parked in one bay with two bays either side empty. By the time I came back on my right a X5 BMW boxed me in and on my left a Merc ML boxed me in aswell. Oh well guess they felt some guilt on spending a fortune and the Caliber still looked better!:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congratulations on receiving your caliber. You are the first I have heard with the diesel. I would love to see an under the hood photo. I am interested in how it fits in there. Are the euro calibers right hand drive? If it is, I would like to see a photo of the interior too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats m8 & always safe travels!

I hope you keep reporting every good & bad thing about it, because I ordered the same model/engine/colour/but left-hand drive, which I can hopefully pick up on my birthday in Oct. ;)

Looking forward to exchanging experience with you about our (almost identical) "Twin Calibers". :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah sure Calibered Soon as the weather stops raining cats and dogs in the UK. Shes only had 108milles on her and she is a dirty gal at the mo.
The diesel is a VW golf plant giving about 148-150 BHP. The engine management is also from VW The gear box looks like it was VW aswell which makes sense for the euro market as our gas is so expensive here.
I have the orange acents on the seats which are cloth and has the dash orange bazel insert. I'll try tomorrow GMT time she needs a wash and polish before getting out the camera.
There are memebers here from the UK that own a diesel if they catch this thread I'm sure or more than happy for them to post pictures to show people what differences there are or alternatively the search button might come up with a few posters.

DeMarco yeah I'm interested in the differences aswell considering it should have came from the same plant in the US just they got someone from ENGLAND in the plant to assure the steering wheel was on the correct side! LOL!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
These are interior pics which the dealer took for me.
I´m sure yours does look the same, apart from the fact, that my steering wheel is on the "correct" side. :D

Two questions though, because I only test drove the SE Version...
With the sound system you get the MP3 Changer, but is this in the dash or is it a separate unit? And where exactly are the controls for the radio on the steering wheel? They must be behind the wheel, but I´haven´t come across a pic yet, where I could see a glimpse of them. :eek:

·
Registered
689 Posts
6 disc changer is built into the radio, and controls are right behind the wheel, close to where your hands normally hold the wheel.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yet another Caliber pilot cruising around with the CRD - congrats CJay and enjoy every single diesel-horse she has under her skirt ;)

Not to mention the 229 pound-feet of torque at just 2,500 rpm :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks great. Hvae some fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
DeMarco said:
I´m sure yours does look the same, apart from the fact, that my steering wheel is on the "correct" side. :D

With the sound system you get the MP3 Changer, but is this in the dash or is it a separate unit? And where exactly are the controls for the radio on the steering wheel? They must be behind the wheel, but I´haven´t come across a pic yet, where I could see a glimpse of them. :eek:
Are the silver accents on the parking brake handle, and door panel where the window switch is, a dealer add on, or standard for the euro versions??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DeMarco said:

Sorry DeMarco most of the questions have been answered already
I like the chrome accents as mentioned by HSKR nice touches I could get those bits made,but if anyone has contacts for sale I'll take a couple as I have noticed the plastic on the arm rests do scratch easily.
The modifications I have done are simple but complete in my opinion the rear spoiler has about 10 coats of paint and lacquered to match the orange paint.
The other modification I've done is to paint the wing mirrors with the same paint and process. It finishes the car off and gives it a better sense of width and length as those points are focal points that sensualise the whole car.

The plastic is a nightmare if you don’t prepare the top coat first as the plastic is pitted in texture.
Sorry no pictures as it is still raining cats and dogs!
I find it gives better downforce as it stiffens up the spolier and is more solid with the paint and lacquer.:D

Stephen thanks dude I'll post my pics to you first mate;)

Cheers guys 110 miles already!:eek:

Still lots to do brakes next I think drilled discs I reckon!

Swoop
Not to mention the 229 pound-feet of torque at just 2,500 rpm :D
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D !!!!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
DeMarco said:
.... And where exactly are the controls for the radio on the steering wheel? They must be behind the wheel, but I´haven´t come across a pic yet, where I could see a glimpse of them. :eek:
I posted pics of the control buttons months ago... (it's 3:30am and I'm too tired to look up my past post, sorry) There are some older threads about this topic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Clipperjay.

I got my Cali as well this weekend. I have not seen an other one where I live (Northamptonshire) and I had a real problem getting a red one. So I made a big deal telling my kids that I had the only red Caliber in Northamptonshire.

Of course that afternoon we go out shopping to Tescos and what do we see in the car park but another red Cali !

They won't let me hear the end of it.

Doh !

·
Registered
160 Posts
calibered said:
Congratulations on receiving your caliber. You are the first I have heard with the diesel. I would love to see an under the hood photo. I am interested in how it fits in there. Are the euro calibers right hand drive? If it is, I would like to see a photo of the interior too.
Just took some quick "under the hood" shots of my CRD:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Got my new Caliber yesterday evening! pics update 56K warning

greenhunt said:
Hi Clipperjay.

I got my Cali as well this weekend. I have not seen an other one where I live (Northamptonshire) and I had a real problem getting a red one. So I made a big deal telling my kids that I had the only red Caliber in Northamptonshire.

Of course that afternoon we go out shopping to Tescos and what do we see in the car park but another red Cali !

They won't let me hear the end of it.

Doh !
Greenhunt isn't that always the case in life mate?
I'm having a nightmare trying to get my kids to take their shoes off before climbing over the new seats. I don't mind them getting dirty just its rainning cats and dogs the mud levels are extreme!
Just becareful with parking in tight bays in supermarkets and the ripple effect you get on your door skins! It will upset you big time!:(

I can't wait for good weather so forgive me on the rainy pics it has pissed down for a few days with little or no sunshine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
CJay, those mirrors and the rear spoiler look awsome!! :eek: Really adds some "shine" to the Cali!

If I didn't get you entirely wrong on that, you even did the painting yourself, is that correct? Good job mate!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
swoop Q
CJay, those mirrors and the rear spoiler look awsome!! :eek: Really adds some "shine" to the Cali!

If I didn't get you entirely wrong on that, you even did the painting yourself, is that correct? Good job mate!
The hardest was the spolier its like rubber not like the wing mirrors so it flex's quite abit. It takes a lot of hours to get it right which it is suposed to I guess other wise when its dry if you run your hand across it it won't be smooth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts