Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my plates finally. No more dashing through the bridgetoll for free for me anymore. :(

And a few more pictures just because it's sunny out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
wow, those wheels really do fill up the fender gaps :)

Are you having any problem with rubbing on any sharp parking-lot turns or when you go over speed pumps? I also think your speedometer is going to be a bit off (showing slower speeds) with those larger tires on there... but it looks cool :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's only a 5% difference. And if anything it's making the odometer turn slower. So I'll get 5% more life out of my warranty!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Looks amazing!! :D
I might've already asked this, but if not, how much did the wheels and tires run you?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I like the plate!!:cool:

Those rims and tires look pretty good on there, maybe a bit too wide? Anyway, I like the look, and if you like it that is all that matters!

Definately looking good!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lovin' the R/T. Everytime I see one on here, I cry because I am still waiting for mine. I like the Magnum tires, they give it a rugged look.

If I could change one thing about my Caliber, it is that I would get the stock R/T rims and spend the $700 on a different set of sportier rims. I want a change of pace from the Ram I am currently driving, so I want my Caliber to look more sporty than tough.

However, I do like those rims on a good lookin R/T!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Amandyke said:
It's only a 5% difference. And if anything it's making the odometer turn slower. So I'll get 5% more life out of my warranty!
Good looking out.

As far as wheel rub, do you notice any at when you turn it all the way to the left and right or do they clear the whole wheel wells? I wonder if they can change the speedometer on the caliber like they were able to on my ranger. I had 39.5" swampers on it and still had a half ass acurate spedometer. My guess is it's in the computer.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No rubbing at all. And I'm going to switch to a lower profile tire once these ones wear out.

As for cost they were $350 from a guy who's buddy owns a custom shop and pulled them from a magnum.

Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
118 Posts
They look so friggin awesome! I'm drooling right now. God I want a set so bad but my fiscal situation sucks because I spent all my money on ugly hookers and cheap beer. Maybe if I got the hookers before the beer it would be a different story.:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Man, those Magnum wheels looks fantastic. Of course great looking car!

What's the 24 for... 243... 6mm?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Amandyke said:
Or uhhh you know... 2.4 litre...
Oh, heh.:p I was trying too hard:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Amandyke, I'm curious, what're the dimensions of your tires?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dodge can reset the parameters in the ECU, for the different tire size. I'm always at my local dealers. Best this is to build a rep. with your dealer, and a lot of little things will go in your favor. I had my Neon updated with tire size, and OCJ in Belleville IL did it for free.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts