Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Cool, Its nice to see you have it back. Its a shame that it had to be done, I guess it could have been worse.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You are OK, she is OK...now, lets c pics ..... :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
sweet sweet but we still need before and after pics....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
playB0Y42 said:
agreed! lets see
OK Ok:) ... tonite I drag out the digital and take some pics... I still have the before and I will string them together...:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Glad that all turned out alright for you and that it didn't take "TOO" long to get the damage repaired. 1 week sounds rather GREAT.

Tyke

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad that everyone is OK and your Caliber will look like new. FWIW, I wouldn't be in a Caliber if it weren't for a collision. A huge oak limb fell on my Isuzu Trooper while I was motoring along!! Insurance company totalled the Trooper even though it ran amazing and the damage wasn't all that bad. High miles, older vehicle, blah blah blah. Lovin' my new R/T AWD!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Got My R/T Back - Update #1

Well I spoke to soon. When I got home after work and got the car in the shade, you can see a difference in paint color.. not much but the newly painted lower facia is darker. On closer inspection I think I see what the difference is, there is no "pearl" in the paint.. those little sparkles that are in the original paint are not in the repainted area..

Sooooooooooooooo it is back to the bodyshop to see what they are going to do about it... guess I wouldn't be quite as pissed as I am if this car had 50,000 miles on it.. but then again I might...

Will keep ya'll posted...

(No pics as I was to pissed to process them... yes I have them as I may need them for evidence later)..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Got My R/T Back- Update #2

All is well and I am soooooooooooo embarassed... I took the R/T back to the shop and they pointed out that the rear bumper (also plastic) is the same color as the front... and upon closer inspection by my tired old eyes in the right light I can see the pearl coat "sparkles"... being the pessimist that I am I jumped to conclusions...

Now for some fun driving...:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well that is good news Bill and no worries, it was an honest mistake that anyone could make.

Happy driving!!!

·
Banned
400 Posts

GypsyBill said:
All is well and I am soooooooooooo embarassed... I took the R/T back to the shop and they pointed out that the rear bumper (also plastic) is the same color as the front... and upon closer inspection by my tired old eyes in the right light I can see the pearl coat "sparkles"... being the pessimist that I am I jumped to conclusions...

Now for some fun driving...:D
It's ok GB... our eyes go bad at some point in our lives. Now, WHERE ARE THOSE AFTER PICS MAN???:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

STEELBLueCALI said:
It's ok GB... our eyes go bad at some point in our lives. Now, WHERE ARE THOSE AFTER PICS MAN???:D
Pics tonite before the nightly news :D :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As requested:

BEFORE the Fender Bender

THE Accident Damage

AFTER: Accident Damage Fixed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts