Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called Dodge to check on my order status.

They said that it has had a VIN# since the 14th and mentioned that it is in line to be built.

Is this true? Does that mean that because I have a VIN# that the car is in production?

edit:
I should have done a more thorough thread search. I found my answer. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yes very likely true. I was given my vin within 3 days of my order. It will go to D1 and hopefully move on to assembly within a few weeks. Actual assembly seems to take only a day.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I CAN NOT forward you any build information on your Caliber other than maybe what shift it gets built on, but I would like to look it over as it rolls through my team area. Of course, that is if it gets built during 3rd shift.

As a team leader part of my job is to hand write up in the computer any defects that either I or my team sees while doing our job/process as the vehicles pass through our workstation. I'd be happy to give your car a :cool:SPECIAL LOOK OVER:cool: for quality if it was to roll through my area on 3rd. If interested, please PM me the VIN number. Again, I can't give away any repair or build information other than maybe what shift it's built on and if I seen it come through my area yet.

This offer is open to anyone with a VIN still waiting for their Caliber to be built.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey IBUILD, you have added a dimension to this Forum which is unique and really adds a level of interest for all of us.

Just wanted to let you know it is appreciated and to say, Thanks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thanks! :)

You have all done much the same for me but in a little different way. It's very interesting for me to be able to hear and see + and - about what I and others are doing at work building these Calibers. Just being able to take the information I read here back in to the plant, simple things can get corrected. I often stop at the local dealerships looking over for any defects or simple fit and finish type stuff that might have got out from my area.

I'd like to see the day when DCX runs a site like this of their own for each vehicle built. There are so many things that DCX could do today with the power of the internet to make their customers feel more like a part of the family and not just an owner. I'd also like to see DCX give tours at the plant to the public or even just owners. Something is better than nothing. I could go on and on so I'll stop here. :cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
I'd also like to see DCX give tours at the plant to the public or even just owners. Something is better than nothing. I could go on and on so I'll stop here. :cool:
Back in 2000, the Dakota R/T Club(officially recognized by DCX) held thier first annual national Meet in Aubrun Hills. Part of the meet for those who arrived early enough was a tour of the Auburn hills plant where the Dakota is built. It was a special tour which only happened because like you, a fellow R/T owner and club member, and his father both worked at the plant. Unfortunatly, I was in a fender bender on the way there and missed the tour, but the guys who went loved it. They didn't get to tour the whole plant, but got to see portions of the assembly line and watched parts being installed. Also got to see the end where the trucks were driven off the line under thier own power.

Maybe with a little pull, something similiar could be done for a group tour of the Caliber plant for Caliber owners.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'd like to see a tour for us too. :cool:

It would take me 6 months or more to find someone (outside or plant) that has the power to make that call. It's been about 7 years since there was even a plant tour for employee's and family. I'd love to have my wife come work the jobs on my team. The worst job in my team and maybe the whole plant from what people tell me is fitting carpet. When anyone new comes to train on carpet fit they have sweat rolling down their back and forehead within 15 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts