Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Black SXT. Has the music gate, leather, all power, all options. Acutually it is my 2nd Caliber. The 1st was a Silver SE, I had it three days when a lady hit me totalling my Caliber. Thank God for gap insurance. I now have some Q's and need your guys help. I have ordered some parts to add to my caliber and will post some pics.

1. Has anyone found the Steel Pedal Kit shown in the Caliber brocheure? my Dodge dealer said they don't have anything on them.

2. My stereo has the Wheel controls and all that and I am looking for a way to attach my iPod. My new Caliber doesn't have the aux jack on the front. Does the factory stereo come with one on the back?

3. If I decide to put in a DVD/NAV system, will my steering wheel controls still work?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Love the car, it is so nice, actually bought one twice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
1. No, because I haven't looked.
2. If you don't have the jack in the front, DCX usually doesn't have an aux. in of any kind in the rear. You have to go FM modulated, or buy the stereo from your Dodge dealer that has the jack in front.
3. It depends on which company you buy the DVD system from. At one time, Pioneer had the kit that would allow control of their DVD unit with the Chrysler steering wheel controls. As for anybody else, of this is still valid, I have no idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear of your collision. Sounds like a major if the vehicle was written off. Tell us about the crash effects on the vehicle. Where you were hit and your impression now of the protection systems / structural integrity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was not hut at all. I was told by the inspector about 8-10 thousand in damage. It demolished the front end, she hit me in the passanger side where the door and fender meet and drove me into the curb, obliterating my front wheels, suspension, axels, etc. But I was not hurt in anyway.

Back to my original thread:
Has anyone upgraded their system yet (audio)?
iPod intergration other than FM?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash :mad:.
But glad you are ok, and you got another Caliber :)
What radio do you have....I want to make sure I get one with a Aux input !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the factory one with 6 Disc changer and cassette deck. My first one had the aux jack. I have a better system now with the Boston Acoustic and Satellite Radio, even got a free 1 year servise to Sirius. I just want some way to hard wire my iPod to my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
.... and so we have the first report of a collision. Glad to hear you were not hurt.

1. There are a few Mopar accessories from the brochure that are still not listed on mopar.com. Steel pedals are not listed (yet). Hopefully they will be soon, along with the slush mats that have "Caliber" embossed on them; that's what I'm waiting for!

2. Only 1 of the 3 radios has the AUX jack, and that is the "base" radio, the one without the 6-CD changer. I have no clue how to connect an iPod to the other radios, sorry. (Heck, I don't even have an iPod!!!)

(edited to add: You can still have the Boston Acoustics system with the base radio... Maybe your dealer could switch radios for you? Unless you really want the radio you've currently got.)

3. Don't know. But I am guessing that if you buy the mopar system, it should be compatible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
The stereo with the changer is already MP3 compatable, just burn abut 250 songs onto a disc, multiply that by the 6-disc changer and boom - 1,500 tunes without the iPod wire getting in the way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Yeah, without the base stereo (with the aux jack) you can burn a bunch of mp3 CDs and use those.

What's gap insurance? [/fearing...]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I'd say your best option to hook up an iPod to your car now, is to get an aftermarket ipod connection kit. I don't know of any specific brands, but you can get kits that hook up to your head unit and then thread a dock connector usually into the glove box where you hook up your ipod. Most of these kits allow the ipod to be controlled directly from the head unit (and maybe, just maybe from the steering wheel controls as well). I'm pretty lazy, so I'm not going to search, but if you wandered around google a bit, I'm sure you'd find something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
GOT said:
What's gap insurance? [/fearing...]
Gap insurance covers the gap between what the insurance company will pay off in the event the vehicle is "totalled" in an accident and what you still owe $$ on the vehicle. Without gap insurance, you are still responsible for the difference to your finance company.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Gap insurance covers the gap between what the insurance company will pay off in the event the vehicle is "totalled" in an accident and what you still owe $$ on the vehicle. Without gap insurance, you are still responsible for the difference to your finance company.
Thats why I got it on my Neon;) It cost me $90, one time deal for the life of the loan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
One of the dodge guys, I think maybe DodgeInfoCenter but not positive, mentioned a Mopar iPod integration kit similar to what B0r0n described. I just got home from work, so I'll search later for the post where it was mentioned.

I'm pretty sure they said that the kit is available for other Dodge vehicles and will be for the Caliber soon. I also think they said the dock would be in that flip out part of the arm rest.

I have no idea if the steering wheel controls would control the iPod or not.

Edit: Ok, found it, I wasn't imagining things, http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229 4th post down Dan (DodgeInfoCenter) posts info about it. He doesn't say that its definite for the caliber but he anticipates it will be available, looks like it could be mounted where you want it, and sterring wheel controls would control the iPod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
draed said:
One of the dodge guys, I think maybe DodgeInfoCenter but not positive, mentioned a Mopar iPod integration kit similar to what B0r0n described. I just got home from work, so I'll search later for the post where it was mentioned.

I'm pretty sure they said that the kit is available for other Dodge vehicles and will be for the Caliber soon. I also think they said the dock would be in that flip out part of the arm rest.

I have no idea if the steering wheel controls would control the iPod or not.

Edit: Ok, found it, I wasn't imagining things, http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229 4th post down Dan (DodgeInfoCenter) posts info about it. He doesn't say that its definite for the caliber but he anticipates it will be available, looks like it could be mounted where you want it, and sterring wheel controls would control the iPod.
Good info. Maybe they'll have the kit ready before the SRT-4 comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Yeah, the original press release said "Spring" of this year.... but I guess they're running behind:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/jan/08chrysler.html


Code:
Mopar iPod adaptor 
Part # 82209616AC. MSRP $175 (installation not included) 


Fully integrates with RAZ, RB1 navigation radio*, RBP, RBQ, RAH and RBK radios. 
(*effective with p/n 82209616AC) 
Fully compatible with 3G, 4G Mini, Photo, 40G Nano and Ipod Video models. iPod Shuffle will require an auxiliary input connector. 
Audio voice prompts guide you through menu selections on RBK radio. 
Mopar's iPod integration kit provides a physical connection between the iPod and the vehicle's audio system, resulting in optimal digital audio quality. 
Your iPod and Mopar's iPod interface cable is safely stored in the vehicle's glove box. 
The interface cable allows the customer's iPod to charge when the vehicle ignition is "On". 
Easily control your iPod function via radio and multifunction steering wheel controls 
Features Previous Track, Next Track, Browse Play list/Artist/Albums/Genres, Shuffle and more! 
Fits the following vehicles: 


2005-2006 Liberty

2005-2006 Wrangler

2005-2006 Dodge Minivans

2005-2006 Pacifica

2005-2006 Stratus Sedan

2005-2006 Sebring Sedan/Convertible

2005-2006 Town & Country

2005 Dodge Ram

2005 Dodge Neon

NOTE: Another model is expected soon for fitment into the 2005-up Grand Cherokee and other CAN bus vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
I thought about this while on my way to Evil Empire. If you get a Pioneer DVD system, all Pioneers have an aux. input that is a set of RCAs. Pioneer makes a kit for $14.99 (I think) that converts from a headphone jack to RCA. Just turn on "AUX", and your in business. My HU even reads the song and artists off of my laptop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
blckcal said:
I just got a new Black SXT. Has the music gate, leather, all power, all options. Acutually it is my 2nd Caliber. The 1st was a Silver SE, I had it three days when a lady hit me totalling my Caliber. Thank God for gap insurance. I now have some Q's and need your guys help. I have ordered some parts to add to my caliber and will post some pics.

1. Has anyone found the Steel Pedal Kit shown in the Caliber brocheure? my Dodge dealer said they don't have anything on them.

2. My stereo has the Wheel controls and all that and I am looking for a way to attach my iPod. My new Caliber doesn't have the aux jack on the front. Does the factory stereo come with one on the back?

3. If I decide to put in a DVD/NAV system, will my steering wheel controls still work?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Love the car, it is so nice, actually bought one twice.

THE AUX JACK ONLY COMES IN SOME MODELS LIKE WITHOUT THE TAPE DECK...I'M SURE YOU CAN GET UR HANDS ON ANOTHER CONSOLE THAT OFFERS THE AUX JACK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Renegade said:
Sorry to hear about your crash :mad:.
But glad you are ok, and you got another Caliber :)
What radio do you have....I want to make sure I get one with a Aux input !
I THINK THAT YOU HAVE TO NOT GET THE TAPE TO GET THE AUX JACK...OR IT MIGHT CANCEL OUT THE AUX JACK IF YOU GET THE 6 DISC.. I KNOW I ORDERED ONE DISC NO TAPE AND IT'S GOT THE JACK
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top