Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AEM finally called me just a few minutes ago to verify my address so they could ship me my cold air intake that they test fit on the car in September. Should have it by the end of the week. Will install it and see how I like it. If I don't like it, it may be for sale.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll let you know when I get it. I've never even seen the kit before to know how they set it up.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
HSKR said:
AEM finally called me just a few minutes ago to verify my address so they could ship me my cold air intake that they test fit on the car in September. Should have it by the end of the week. Will install it and see how I like it. If I don't like it, it may be for sale.
finaly that took forever ,dit you ever got it sordet out with the rental and the damage they dit???

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tupmeier said:
finaly that took forever ,dit you ever got it sordet out with the rental and the damage they dit???
Yes, they sent us a check for the entire repair estimate amount.

·
Registered
644 Posts
sweet, cant wait to see it. post up pics ASAP! :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
HSKR said:
Yes, they sent us a check for the entire repair estimate amount.
thats good to hear ,i allready fealt bad for sending you there after all the proplems you hat,post pics when you have it installt ,Cheers Thomas
Ps:what ever happent to the muffler system????

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tupmeier said:
Ps:what ever happent to the muffler system????
I didn't get to participate in that, but we wouldn't have gotten a free one of those. The people that did, had thier choice of the Mopar header, or the AEM CAI.

·
Registered
321 Posts
HSKR said:
Do performance testing, before and after. 0-60 times, sound bytes, pictures, gas milage before and after. Please!:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
HSKR said:
I suppose you'll know whether it's gonna be a hot air intake before you install it.....will you still put it in if it is?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
caliber172 said:
Do performance testing, before and after. 0-60 times, sound bytes, pictures, gas milage before and after. Please!:D
I'll do gas mileage, pictures, and could even do sound bytes, but don't have the equiptment to do 0-60 times. Using a stop watch and driving isn't accurate.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just buy a SRT-4 hood for it. :cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Just buy a SRT-4 hood for it. :cool:
If they would fit, I'd love to, but all the pictures of the test mules show a different design hood n the SRTs that won't swap right over to the regular Calibers without swapping the whole front grill area as well.

·
Registered
321 Posts
HSKR said:
I'll do gas mileage, pictures, and could even do sound bytes, but don't have the equiptment to do 0-60 times. Using a stop watch and driving isn't accurate.
At least let us know if it appears to help performace any.

·
Registered
321 Posts
HSKR said:
Will definitly give a good butt dyno result.
Sorry, not sure what you are trying to say?:confused:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, what he said. I'll report on any differences in the "feel" of the car during driving. But sometimes, it can be misleading. Having it "feel" faster doesn't necessarily mean it is any faster. It could just be a placebo effect in your head thinking that you just put this performance part on, so of course it feels faster.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts