Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...just a quick intro...names Mike..from Cambridge, Ontario..and new owner of an 07 Caliber R/T

now for my question...i didnt get gps in my car because i already have a 4" Clarion NICE P200 unit...but im pretty sure the factory unit you can get is just a housing that is placed above the radio on the dash.

basically i wanna find out the dimensions of this part...and if just the plastic housing can be purchased

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on a second search...i realized i was wrong...guess the caliber has in dash...but i think i saw a picture somewhere of a housing that sits on top...can anyone verify this for me? much appreciated

·
Registered
683 Posts
Garmin makes a GPS for Mopar that mounts to the top of the dash. Holes must be cut in the dash for a wiring harness that plugs into the back of the stereo. The GPS mutes the radio when giving turn directions etc. Some slight rewiring would be needed to use this with a non-factory stereo such as manual connection of the mute wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool....i already have a gps (not gonna trade it in for the garmin one)...just hoping there was some kinda casing so i could get rid of that ugly window mount....its custom fibreglass time!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
snorkafunk said:
cool....i already have a gps (not gonna trade it in for the garmin one)...just hoping there was some kinda casing so i could get rid of that ugly window mount....its custom fibreglass time!!!
Most GPS antennas that I have seen look almost identicle to the antenna used for XM or Sirius radio. Very small, flat magnetic mount. My GPS antenna is hidden under the top of the dash close to the windshield. Had to take the dash apart a bit to get it fit in there but its all hidden away. Since it's mounted on plastic I just used some double sided tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts