Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited...that I just cant hide it...I'm about to lose control but I think I like it!!!!!! Just got some fantastic news....my waiting patiently is going to pay off soon. Not only do I have a VIN# but I got a ship date on my car of July 20th!!!! OH I'm so happy. I'm going to really try to sell my car this weekend...anyone want to buy a 2004 convertible :) Thanks for hanging in there with me everyone and listen to my complaints. Now...the real wait begins! I"M SO HAPPY :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats. Glad to hear.

I just got news that mine went into D Status this morning. I'm that much closer to finally having my car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
I'm so excited...that I just cant hide it...I'm about to lose control but I think I like it!!!!!! Just got some fantastic news....my waiting patiently is going to pay off soon. Not only do I have a VIN# but I got a ship date on my car of July 20th!!!! OH I'm so happy. I'm going to really try to sell my car this weekend...anyone want to buy a 2004 convertible :) Thanks for hanging in there with me everyone and listen to my complaints. Now...the real wait begins! I"M SO HAPPY :) :) :) :) :)
Funny....after all the mess surrounding my order, I just spoke to the guy at the dealer today and he said I have the same ship date. Thing is...because I live 40 Minutes away from the plant, it will be on a truck, not by rail. He said I should have my car no later than next tues.

I don't know whether to believe him, because in the breath right before he told me this, he told me the belvidere plant is shut down this week for retooling. Who knows.....I just know they don't know the facts and they try to give us promises....must be a hard life of a salesman.....

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
Thats a good thing!:):) You know the forum drill when you get it!:D:cool:

Thanks, now I have that song in my head, not that it is a bad song, I just need a musicgate to blast it!!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
911 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but before you get all giddy about the news, make sure its true. I've seen too many people get the same information as you and then call to see the status, and they say its still in D status or something like that.

But if it is true, congrats! You must be getting even more impatient now. I would be. :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
spkeehan said:
Funny....after all the mess surrounding my order, I just spoke to the guy at the dealer today and he said I have the same ship date. Thing is...because I live 40 Minutes away from the plant, it will be on a truck, not by rail. He said I should have my car no later than next tues.

I don't know whether to believe him, because in the breath right before he told me this, he told me the belvidere plant is shut down this week for retooling. Who knows.....I just know they don't know the facts and they try to give us promises....must be a hard life of a salesman.....
I don't know where all of these dealers are getting this the plant is shutting down for retooling. In the new plant with the robots, there is no retooling, thats the whole point of using the robots to assemble the body panels and stuff for any of the models of the Caliber or Compass. They just program in what car they want to build and the robots build it. There's no stopping the line to retool for an R/T and then make that and stop it again to prepare to make an SXT or Compass.

Dealers aren't always the best source for information. Unless the plant has major issues, it won't shut down. They just started a 3rd shift 2 days ago. Why the hell would they start a 3rd shift, have them work 2 days and then give them a week off or whatever. Doesn't make any sense at all. I know Chrysler does things that don't make any sense most of the time, but I doubt they're that stupid.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
orangecalibersxt said:
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but before you get all giddy about the news, make sure its true. I've seen too many people get the same information as you and then call to see the status, and they say its still in D status or something like that.

But if it is true, congrats! You must be getting even more impatient now. I would be. :D

ahhhhhhhhh...dont burst my bubble...was the best news I have heard in about 9 weeks :( I hope he was telling the truth...well I got a vin at least...he gave me the # :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I just didn't want you to get excited over nothing. I've seen too many people get let down by telling them that their car was already built or is scheduled to be built on a certain date and then that date comes and goes. They call back only to find out that their order is still in BX or D status. You got a VIN which means you're at least in D status. So at least you have a dealer allocation and are now put on the schedule. When you reach D-1 status, thats where it really gets exciting. D-1 means your Caliber will be built sometime within the next 4 or 5 days if not sooner. I hope your news is true!

·
Registered
89 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Well I just didn't want you to get excited over nothing. I've seen too many people get let down by telling them that their car was already built or is scheduled to be built on a certain date and then that date comes and goes. They call back only to find out that their order is still in BX or D status. You got a VIN which means you're at least in D status. So at least you have a dealer allocation and are now put on the schedule. When you reach D-1 status, thats where it really gets exciting. D-1 means your Caliber will be built sometime within the next 4 or 5 days if not sooner. I hope your news is true!
This has happen to me, and it's not funny...as I've mentioned on other threads before, the morons informed me my car was built and also gave me a delivery date. Finding out this news, that very same day, I ordered up my rims and tires which cost me an arm and a leg for, in hopes to have everything I want on the car ready for installation on the day I get my Caliber. Well, that day came and wen't, and no Caliber. Called up to see WTF is going on, only to have someone else tell me they no nothing of my car being built and that it was still in BG status. Called up my dealer, got the same line. I was so furious, I wanted to pound soomeones face in, and let me tell you, I'm not the violent type. Man, they pissed me off! Not only am I stuck with items I now can't return due to return policy, I wen't and pulled over 2 G's out of my savings account way too early when I didn't need to. I tell you this, I'll NEVER order a car again! I don't care how hot or new the car is, I'll never do this again. Total BS, pracitically ruined my enitire summer cause of this car! Plans I made this past winter had to be negated, due to this delay. Two words, never again! :mad:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I was actually thinking about you when I wrote that and yes, it does suck. Thats why I warned him....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I PM playboy and looks like all is true...my car was was built on 17th and to load rail car tomorrow....might have it after the 8th of August...CANT WAIT! I too will never order a car again...but after this one I wont have to because I plan on holding onto it for along time. To many memories with this baby...and I will be the original owner so know its history...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got my first "update" on Friday from my dealer...and a bit of potentially good news.

Here's a quote from his email: "But from the Chrysler site, your is slated to be one of the first built, and will take priority over future stock units." Sounds like they are finally realizing that they need to take care of people who have actually put money down on their vehicles before they build any more that aren't sold yet.

One can only hope. I see from the forums people are starting to get their cars (or at least getting delivery dates) that ordered around the same time as me, so I'm hopeful again :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
Well I PM playboy and looks like all is true...my car was was built on 17th and to load rail car tomorrow....might have it after the 8th of August...CANT WAIT! I too will never order a car again...but after this one I wont have to because I plan on holding onto it for along time. To many memories with this baby...and I will be the original owner so know its history...
Yeah you will, you will order again, your last statement proves it. ;)

Ordering isn't bad, you just have to allow for the wait, but the rewards are WELL WORTH IT, I always order my cars, so much nicer feeling to know the car was built for you. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
ejfb said:
They take the plastic off, transportation stuff off, put gas in it and clean it, just few hours.
And...don't forget - PUT THEIR FREAKING STICKER ON YOUR CAR ! :mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is retooling even on a robot line. My information is that the changing of one of the robot arms from Caliber to Compass was supossed to be 17 minutes and turned out to be 45 minutes. This caused them to not be able to run alternating assemblies but instead they had to run through batches of each to cut the time down.
Now for my story: I ordered my Orange R/T on April 4th for July delivery and was told then that delivery time was 5 or 6 weeks, believing that they had plenty of time to put my order in when appropriate. After I started tell them at the end of June that I would take the car any time I was told that they had a trmendous back log at Belvidere (I'm less than an hour away from it). Well I'm still waiting and yesterday my dealer sent me the VIN numbers of "The Twins". Yes, he duplicated my order because he liked the configuration and to make sure that if there was a problem with one the other would get through the line.
My question is: I've heard some in here talking about a "date code" and was wondering if anybody had a link or information on deciefering the VIN codes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts