Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up everyone today is my first day on. I have an SXT Red and it looks boring/slash family guy to me. I need some changes. I will get the windows tinted soon but here are some questions.
Need advice.....

Where can I buy aftermarket grills. Someone posted some mock ups I loved the horizontal but need reality not photoshop.

What rims can I get I NEVER bought rims in my life and I don't want to lower my car.

Last anyone know a quick fix to get rid of the seatbelt chime...and please refrain from the "buckle your seatbelt" replies.
Thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't think there are any work arounds for the seat belt chime. Follow local traffic laws, they will save your life/wallet/license.

There are no aftermarket production grilles yet.

Rims you can get almost anywhere. Tirerack.com isn't a bad choice. e-bay works too. America Tires, discount tires direct, etc etc etc. Nothing special. I think the offset you want is +24mm

·
Registered
414 Posts
I looked at some very nice 17's on tirerack that were on closeout when we were going to buy the Blue SXT, they had a nice blue cap that was close to the same color. I cannot remember the names on them tho.

There was a thread somewhere about disabling theseatbelt light, not sure about the chime

·
Registered
287 Posts
In response to the rims:

I was looking around on Discount Tire's website at rims. They series of drop-down menus that select the make and trim of your car. Once you do that, they show all of the rims that will fit your current tire size. They also list the prices which is helpful.

However, if you are looking to also buy new tires along with the rims, I would search around on the site. I know I have read different things about the sizes of the tires on the different Caliber trims, but I cannot tell you the exact size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
not to be a smartass or anything about the seat belt chime "fix", but it would kind of defeat the purpose of promoting safety if there was a quick fix to disable it. so alas, the only safe way to disable it is to buckle the seat belt...but yea it is a pain in the ass though if you are only going like ten feet or something and its going off like crazy...

·
Registered
36 Posts
The seat belt chime can be eliminated on LX Based vehicles such as the Magnum, 300 and Charger by using a series of key on- buckle up, key off, unbuckcke, key on, using the correct sequence and timing, works perfectly.
There is a DC Technician, fnkychkn on my LXForums.com site, but probably also in the Knowledge Base. i will look when I have time!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
MAGNUM8R said:
The seat belt chime can be eliminated on LX Based vehicles such as the Magnum, 300 and Charger by using a series of key on- buckle up, key off, unbuckcke, key on, using the correct sequence and timing, works perfectly.
There is a DC Technician, fnkychkn on my LXForums.com site, but probably also in the Knowledge Base. i will look when I have time!!
I found that if you turn the key on, fasten the seat belt and then shift into reverse or drive, the chime and light go off.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i think that billet grille would look better if it kept crosshair grille instead of eliminating it. just my opinion....and 200$ for a grille like that? i wouldnt pay that.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
blackSXTsport said:
i think that billet grille would look better if it kept crosshair grille instead of eliminating it. just my opinion....and 200$ for a grille like that? i wouldnt pay that.
I agree with both statements you made..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honestly I think that the caliber looks fine the way it is. If you were to get that billet grill it would ruin the look. Way too much IMO.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
+2 Joe...:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tony Rome:

There is an easy fix to the Seat Belt Reminder Chime. Take a look at page 38 in your owners manual. The reprogramming takes about a minute. The light still comes on for a period but the chime goes away.

Secondly, for those who do not know, Auto Unlock can also be enabled/disabled quite easily. This is detailed on page 17 of the owners manual. I reprogrammed mine so that when the car is stopped and the driver's door opens/unlocks all other doors unlock as well....keeps passengers from having to manually unlock their doors every time they exit the car.

Auto lock can also be disabled - I personally feel this is a valuable feature.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One more thing since the subject is reminders.......I found the horn honk when locking the car with the remote annoying. There is a reprogram fix for this also which allows the lights to continue to flash when the doors are locked/unlocked but the horn honk is disabled. This simple reprogram can be found on page 21 of your manual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts