Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there are ground effects available for the Caliber? I would really like to put them on mine (when I get my car :)) Going on 8 weeks waiting now :) :) :) and still smiling! Also, I really wish I ordered a sun roof. Do you know if I can add that later - would like the moon...not pop up....

·
Registered
190 Posts
before i got my r/t i was offered an sxt and it had everything i wanted minus sunroof. the dealer said they can do it and it will be just like factory.

and by ground effexts do you mean like underglow and stuff? i used to be in to that when i was 14 and the first fast and furious came out, but i don't see the point... but if that's what your looking for, yea you can get it... their not really car specific so it's not like their going to make one just for the caliber.

here's a link anyways and go for LED's over neon cause it's brighter and doesn't seem so faint. http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-MILLION-COLOR-LED-UNDERCAR-NEON-UNDERBODY-LIGHTS-KIT_W0QQitemZ280004877154QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not talking about lighting. Ground Effects... I guess you would think of it as "Body Skirting" maybe? The body of the vehicle is extended on the bottom & Front of vehicle.... Hope that clears it up...I'll check on the sunroof...thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
oh k, you mean like a front lip, side skirts and a lip for the rear bumper?

i would expect that later this year, as there is really nothing available for this car yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone noticed how the gas tank sticks out like a sore thumb when your following the caliber from the rear because its silver and everything else is black. I was thinking about painting mine black...do you think thats a good idea?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hummmmmmm...I guess thats not that bad....wonder how long they will need my car? So If Mopar has ground effects on their car....does it mean their available? Or they just have them for show?

·
Registered
190 Posts
They said they'd be able to install the sunroof and leather in 2 day's tops... i'm sure it depends on the volume in your area.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That isn't your gas tank thats shining under there; it's actually is your muffler. I'm not sure what to do as far as painting it, but I wouldn't think it's just something you can put anything on! I know there are some kinds of high temperature paints for different kinds of things, but my knowledge on this is extremely limited. Anyone out there know if painting the stock muffler is a bad idea or not?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The Great Mongo said:
That isn't your gas tank thats shining under there; it's actually is your muffler. I'm not sure what to do as far as painting it, but I wouldn't think it's just something you can put anything on! I know there are some kinds of high temperature paints for different kinds of things, but my knowledge on this is extremely limited. Anyone out there know if painting the stock muffler is a bad idea or not?
What he says. The gas tank is a black plastic tank (if I'm not mistaken) under there in front of the rear wheels.

I was thinking about using some of that high-temp paint but after seeing the much smaller mufflers with those Mopar kits I'm going to save up the dough to get me one of those instead.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
the 'ground effects' you're referring to in that photo was a one-off sorta deal, there are 2 calibers with that 'kit' .. the one u have pic'd there, and one that is all red/cf. i like the kit, but i think dodge needed to rework the whole "too much carbon fiber" thing they had goin there, not to mentio, it was unidirectional [no weave], so it looked funky.. they're called the Caliber Rallye concepts... i made one [in my avatar] called the black mamba-decided to black it all out.. looks much better & i hope mopar releases this kit too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine didn't come with a sunroof but I wanted one so they added it into the price, it was $750. The part wasn't in so I had my car a week or so, took it in on a Monday and it was ready by Friday. We haven't had any problems and I absolutely love it. I'll try to attach the photos, if it doesn't work I posted them about a month ago in the pictures forum, I dnn't know how to send you the link but it's Steel Blue with sunroof on page 3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SteelBlue75 said:
Mine didn't come with a sunroof but I wanted one so they added it into the price, it was $750. The part wasn't in so I had my car a week or so, took it in on a Monday and it was ready by Friday. We haven't had any problems and I absolutely love it. I'll try to attach the photos, if it doesn't work I posted them about a month ago in the pictures forum, I dnn't know how to send you the link but it's Steel Blue with sunroof on page 3.
Now thats an idea...I'll have to ask the dealer that when I ever pick mine up. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I saw that this morning. I think it looks sharp, but hopefully it's not an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
67 Posts
that razzi kit dont look too bad. but it would look way better with about a 2 in. or so drop kit when they come out and some different rims. those look kind of stupid. and whats up with those rear window covers? kind of funny lookin. just my opinion though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts