Dodge Caliber Forums banner

581 - 586 of 586 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
So... Cliff notes for some 1 new to the forum and dosn't feel like reading through 51 pages? lol

From what I see, theres no SET set of HID's for these cars? Thats nuts! I can't just go buy a set and have them work? They all have problems?

Oh well, i'll wait for a response I suppose.
cliff notes.

we had a bunk vendor promise a good hid kit for cheap. everyone bought it and they sucked. at this time we figured out that hids just flicker on this car and that my car is a bitch and wont even take hid fogs.... anyway, the fix around the flicker was to splice into the parking lights or get a relay harness, which is still hit or miss. but that sucks because then you cant run fogs only and look super cool. woodview thought their kit would work, but instead of being ****s like the other guy and sell them without testing, they decided to enlist the help of a member. they sent him a kit, figured out it flickered too. so now they are trying to figure out a fix to make a good quality set of hids that wont flicker, allow normal operation of the lights and are pnp.

oh and the people with day time running lights have been sol... but thats mre so because they are from canada than it is because of the lights...:jester:

/cliff notes

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
cliff notes.

we had a bunk vendor promise a good hid kit for cheap. everyone bought it and they sucked. at this time we figured out that hids just flicker on this car and that my car is a bitch and wont even take hid fogs.... anyway, the fix around the flicker was to splice into the parking lights or get a relay harness, which is still hit or miss. but that sucks because then you cant run fogs only and look super cool. woodview thought their kit would work, but instead of being ****s like the other guy and sell them without testing, they decided to enlist the help of a member. they sent him a kit, figured out it flickered too. so now they are trying to figure out a fix to make a good quality set of hids that wont flicker, allow normal operation of the lights and are pnp.

oh and the people with day time running lights have been sol... but thats mre so because they are from canada than it is because of the lights...:jester:

/cliff notes
couldnt have said it better myself:bigthumb:.

·
Registered
559 Posts
oh wow. Well this is pretty dissapointing. I had planned all along for these to be my first mod? lol (Now I guess the mapclam is my 1st mod)

I suppose i'll just sit and wait and hop for a fix. I really really really hate these stock lights... There as nice looking as my 94 S-10's lights (aka they suck) lol

581 - 586 of 586 Posts