Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you noticed how inconsiderate non-caliber owners can be? I just went to get into my car to go to lunch and stepped in fresh GUM!!!!:mad: I know what you're going to say, why wasn't I watching the ground as I walked? Well, it's a place of business and you would think that people could throw their gum in a TRASH can rather than throw/spit it on the ground by where someone is going to be getting into their car. The person who did had to have done it a few minutes beforehand because it was really gooey!!! :mad: I hardly have any gum on my shoe, but it sure did get on the paint when I stepped into my car!!!:mad: I'm so livid right now, I'm surprised I'm not using a lot of profanity because I sure did when it happened!!!:mad: So now, I have to spend some time tonight trying to get the GUM off my paint! I've got some cleaner for my car, but I don't have a cloth gentle enough to use on my car. I still love my car and I LOATHE inconsiderate people who are too lazy to throw trash/gum in a TRASH can!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Use some ice to get the gum that is on the car cold and it should come right off. Especially if you have a good coat of wax on the car.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Calibershark7, If the ice doesn't work, I recall about a month ago that you recommended GooGone. Perhaps that may be a consideration with proper caution (unless that's what you you were referring to in the initial post above); the GooGone usually breaks it down very well, and I'm sure you can locate a soft and gentle cloth to merely wipe it away.

Once you remove the gum, here is a recommendation:

If possible, arrange to leave for lunch a little earlier tomorrow. Watch for anyone chewing and tossing gum in the same general area. :)

If so, approach that person - and clobber him/her in the jaw as hard as you can while wearing a set of spiked brass knuckles. :eek:

Will it be the right person? Maybe - maybe not. :confused:

But you'll feel better, and word will get around rather quickly. Chances are excellent that the guilty person will realize that your "gentle tap" was intended for him/her. :p

Then again, I could be wrong about that. :eek:

It could have been a visitor... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
371 Posts
HARLEY!!!:eek: Now is that really good advice from someone who is a member of the I.O.A.A.P.?:mad:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harley said:
Calibershark7, If the ice doesn't work, I recall about a month ago that you recommended GooGone. Perhaps that may be a consideration with proper caution (unless that's what you you were referring to in the initial post above); the GooGone usually breaks it down very well, and I'm sure you can locate a soft and gentle cloth to merely wipe it away.

Once you remove the gum, here is a recommendation:

If possible, arrange to leave for lunch a little earlier tomorrow. Watch for anyone chewing and tossing gum in the same general area. :)

If so, approach that person - and clobber him/her in the jaw as hard as you can while wearing a set of spiked brass knuckles. :eek:

Will it be the right person? Maybe - maybe not. :confused:

But you'll feel better, and word will get around rather quickly. Chances are excellent that the guilty person will realize that your "gentle tap" was intended for him/her. :p

Then again, I could be wrong about that. :eek:

It could have been a visitor... :rolleyes:
Hey, thanks for the advice.:D I thought about watching to see who pulled into the spot next to me to see if it was the same vehicle, but a different vehicle parked next to me after lunch, but I was thinking about going and having a talk with the culprit or leaving a not on every vehicle in my row saying "THROW YOUR GUM IN THE TRASH, NOT ON THE GROUND!!! It's very inconsiderate to spit gum out onto the parking lot that your fellow employees walk on too! GROW UP!!" I didn't do that however and I'm still a little pissed about it, but hopefully it won't happen again and hopefully I'll get over it. Anyway, yeah, I'm going to give the ice a try and I've also got some special cleaner that came with the "Auto Armor" the dealership put on my car that I want to try before I break out the goo gone.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Calibershark7 said:
... I thought about... leaving a not on every vehicle in my row saying "THROW YOUR GUM IN THE TRASH, NOT ON THE GROUND!!! It's very inconsiderate to spit gum out onto the parking lot that your fellow employees walk on too! GROW UP!!" ...
If where you work is anything like some of the places I've worked in the past, there would be 164 wads of gum laying around the very next day - from twisted-sense-of-humor folks who just like to be wiseguys and wisegals. :p :D ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Peanut butter will also work. Anything oily will break down the gum. :)

I found this out when I got gum stuck in my hair at the base of my scalp and didn't want to cut off 16 or so inches. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts