Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(
I went to a Five Star dealer in Queens, New York in April. The salesman seemed rather nice but wound up not being reputable in the least. Allot of talk and NO action. In April the salesman, sales manager and I shook on an order for a Steel Blue SXT with the works. I waited around 6 weeks and got word from the salesman that the car had arrived. As you can imagine I was excited, however when I got to the dealership the salesman states "The car is here but there are a few hitches". I immediately felt like I was being jerked around by this guy. To me a "few hitches" means I won't be driving home in a new car. The hitches were that the car came in with only the standard SXT trim and none of the extras that I specifically asked for. The salesman stated he could "fix it" i.e. add sunroof , but all of the other options I was out of luck basically. I know it's a bad idea to have a sunroof added aftermarket as in my opinion you are setting yourself up for problems down the road. Plus when it's done after the fact it does not integrate well on the inside. Anyway, I refuse the car, he states I can "wait" for other vehicles coming into the dealership and see if they match what I'm looking for. This goes on for about two months and during this time I receive zero phone calls from the salesman and I am forced to call him for updates. To top it off nothing comes in. He then states he'll order the car again. I agree and wait a little over a month and call the salesman back (BECAUSE GOD FORBID HE CALL ME AFTER A MONTH) to get a status on where the order is. He tells me they never ordered the car :mad:. What a waste of time. At this point I just ask for my deposit back. This was completely unacceptable service from a Five Star dealer. I called the customer service number to complain. Don't know what good that'll do. I'm so disgusted with how I was treated. I hate spending my money someplace and feeling like they're doing me a favor. Perfect now I have to start from zero again. I'm sure now it will take twice as long. Though it seems people in the U.S. are waiting less time than the people in Canada (don't know if this is true).

Anyway, I apologize for the long ranting post, just venting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Was that car a special order for you? I wonder if they just found one and tried to pass it off as the one you wanted. IIRC, the window sticker should have had your name on it at the top.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear your disappointment. I would do a dealer search on Dodge.com and talk to a dealer close to you and see what you can work out.

It is unfortunate. I hope that the customer service line will help.

Tiff

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Principal said:
Was that car a special order for you? I wonder if they just found one and tried to pass it off as the one you wanted. IIRC, the window sticker should have had your name on it at the top.
I thought that myself, but I can't be sure about the window sticker because I refused to even look at the car since it was missing everything I asked for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
thats seems rediculous, you ordered the car, how can they not give you what you ordered. I know the feeling tho. Last weekend i get a call from my dealership telling me they dont have a date on my car yet, but they have 2 i can have. One was a Red SXT with no options ,and the other was a blue SXT with a sunroof. Now my thought is, I special ordered a Black SXT, fully loaded, why would i downgrade, and go with a different color? at least there was no pressure with asking about them. But if my car doesnt come by my Accept Date, i think im going to turn it down. This car just doesnt seem worth it, I hate to say it but ill prolly end up buyin a Saturn Ion Redline...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I can't believe that you can't find a Caliber in NYC that has the options you want. Thats just unbelieveable.

That dealer sounds like a bunch of crooked people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts