1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Nothing like putting something in your intake tube to RESTRICT airflow. And swirling the incoming air does NOTHING for multi-point fuel injected cars, because any swirling action is lost as soon as the air hits the throttle body and intake manifold.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do people really buy this stuff?hehe

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
JLM 3 said:
Do people really buy this stuff?hehe
Unfortunatly yes. 25hp Ebay speed chips, throttle body spacers, magnetic fuel savers, and these stupid intake inserts are all wastes of money that rely on clever marketing, and false or un-verified user reviews to sell the product.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think if you want a performance upgrade you shoud do a muffler bearing switch. i think that is good for 15hp.:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard the only proven increase is K&N air intake, is that true?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
bg77 said:
I think if you want a performance upgrade you shoud do a muffler bearing switch. i think that is good for 15hp.:D
Now if you had the SRT4, that would be a true statement.

·
Registered
775 Posts
10%-22% fuel efficiency increase. I wonder if I get a bunch of these add ons that promise fuel efficiency increases, and add them all together, can I get my fuel efficiency over 100%?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Scjon03 said:
I heard the only proven increase is K&N air intake, is that true?
Generally it is not true. K&N is huge in marketing abilities but weak on results. A CAI can improve performance on some vehicles but its the CAI and not the K&N filter thats producing the gains. Also, the gains seen through independent testing are far below those claimed by K&N.

A drop in K&N will do very little on the majority of vehicles produced today. It will however allow far more fine dirt into your engine. For aftermarket filters that do filter at least as well as paper then look to Wix, Napa Gold etc. for use with CAI systems.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Huff said:
Generally it is not true. K&N is huge in marketing abilities but weak on results. A CAI can improve performance on some vehicles but its the CAI and not the K&N filter thats producing the gains. Also, the gains seen through independent testing are far below those claimed by K&N.

A drop in K&N will do very little on the majority of vehicles produced today. It will however allow far more fine dirt into your engine. For aftermarket filters that do filter at least as well as paper then look to Wix, Napa Gold etc. for use with CAI systems.
On the Dodge Dakota K&N intakes, the supplied filter is actually a limiting factory in airflow when you have a modified motor. The tube flows more than the filter, and the filter barely keeps up. I switched out the filter on my K&N tube I have on my truck with a larger filter. But on a stock Dakota, the K&N tube is good for about 10hp. Mainly becaue the the tube design and the fact it has the heatshield.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is the best deal in town:
Send me $29.99 in CASH or Postal Money Order.

I will send you my soon to be patented Turbo Frazzinator. Install the Turbo Frazzinator in you Caliber. Go for a 50 mile drive.

If, after your 50 mile drive, your wallet doesn't feel approximately thirty bucks lighter, I will refund 125% of your original investment*.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

* ALL refunds sent in the form of losing scratch-off lottery tickets (Illinois only!)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought 2 of these and put them both in caliber! I got at least a 67hp gain! I couldnt believe it!!! Its like adding a turbo to your car but the key is you have to get 2 of them!!!

Ok I was just joking about that! Hope no one took it serious!! Waste of money!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Most CAI generally just make the car sound better at WOT! Thats all mine did in my 300!!! Sounds sweet though!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
MikeinWoodstock said:

I will send you my soon to be patented Turbo Frazzinator. Install the Turbo Frazzinator in you Caliber. Go for a 50 mile drive.

If, after your 50 mile drive, your wallet doesn't feel approximately thirty bucks lighter, I will refund 125% of your original investment*.

* ALL refunds sent in the form of losing scratch-off lottery tickets (Illinois only!)
Mike, Mike, Mike.

Do you REALLY expect anyone to do that...

...when you haven't furnished a mailing ADDRESS? :eek: :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
MikeinWoodstock said:

Where do i send the money?? And can I get my refund in old powerball tickets instead? I think I have a better chance of winning the Powerball than any scratcher games.

·
Registered
775 Posts
caprirs302 said:
I know for a fact that painting your car yellow adds at least 20 horses, maybe more. I saw it Mr. Wizard once, I think.
Actually, all yellow gives less of an increase in horsepower than simple yellow accents.

--Yellow "viper" style stripes = 25HP
--Yellow double blade wipers = 15HP (20HP of you convert to a mono wiper)
--Yellow product sickers = 5HP each
--Yellow bookshelf. . .er. . .wing = 30HP
--Yellow steeringwheel cover = 10HP

You can see how adding yellow accents produces more HP than painting the whole car yellow. Of course, the more blinding the color combination, the better the HP increase will be. e.g. red car with yellow accents, add 3Hp to the above numbers, grey car with yellow accents subtract 2HP from the above numbers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts