Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone out there has a last experieneced a Caliber 5-Speed.

Also wondering how Dodge can be advertising in newspapers, etc. for the SE @ $15,995CDN when it's impossible for a customer to even see the model that they are pushing. It sounds a lot like bait and switch advertising, not exactly a legal practice....:confused:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think "bait and switch" applies only when the something advertised is not available or does not exist. (The SE is orderable, so it's not unavailable.) It is usually easier for a customer to imagine a feature NOT being on a vehicle, then to try to envision a feature they've never seen.

Ads like that can be misleading though. Like the one I saw weeks ago for an "SXT Extreme" accompanying a pic of an SRT4. Now try finding THAT in the sales brochure. (The dealer said that "SXT" was an abbreviation for "extreme" so that's all it meant.) (The pic... wellll, all the early print ads used the SRT4.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve Desjardins said:
You won't find the SE model because you can't get air in it. Atleast not in Canada.
Don't quite understand your answer. It's the SE that is being advertised in Canada.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Steve Desjardins said:
You won't find the SE model because you can't get air in it. Atleast not in Canada.
Well Steve don't mean to disapoint but the demo that I took my testdrive in was an stripped SE with no air and nothing more than the CVT2 w/ 2.0l engine as options. Possibly you mean the 5 Speed SE?

Canoenut, I ordered a 5 speed as well, I called Chrysler and they said 3 weeks ago that my car was to be built on April 24th. When I called today on the 25, they said that my production date for my car is now May 12.:confused: When I asked the customer service agent why there was a delay for the vehicle he said that they were still waiting on parts!:(

Seems that the 5 speed option is turning out to be of a pain.

Come on May 12th!

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the past few weeks more and more 5 speeds are being produced. At first it was just the exports but now for thestates too. I must of driven 5 atleast last night.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was out with my daughter today looking at the Caliber's. Seems there's no 5 speeds in any dealerships. She drove both of the auto's and didn't like them at all. The car itself seems great though, but she's holding out for the manual tranny.

Rambit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Satellitedriver said:
Seems that the 5 speed option is turning out to be of a pain.
I'm right there with ya. I ordered my 5-speed on March 14th. My dealer said he could almost guarantee 4-6 weeks for delivery (do I hear price drop? :D ). The only time I was given a date was when I called DC's customer service about 3 weeks ago. They said the build date would be the "beginning of May." I'm hoping that means the first possible day of May... but that was the only time I was given an actual time period from anyone. No other call (4 calls)after that could give me a date at all. Just today I called, starting off the 6th week of staring at the ceiling waiting for my new car, they said all the parts are available and just waiting for a spot on the line. I hope that spot opens up soon...

As long as it comes before May 20th. After that, my graduation present to myself will be late :(

I did get my VIN thought and a quick search on CarFax reveals a 2007 1.8L Black Dodge Caliber with no lemon reports. Sweet...

·
Registered
901 Posts
oohsoobad2 said:
In the past few weeks more and more 5 speeds are being produced. At first it was just the exports but now for the states too. I must have driven 5 at least last night.
Are you gonna keep us in suspense?!!
Can you share your impressions? (easy to shift? short throw? "right" position for the shifter?)

·
Registered
901 Posts
... delete. never mind. tired. 3am.

·
Registered
321 Posts
New Venture had to create a whole new transmission to mate to the World Engine. JETCO apparently got their act together faster. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts