Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving in front of my girlfriend ( who was in the Caliber R/T),and
noticed that when you use the turn signal on a Caliber that has day time
running lights the headlight shuts..... off while the turn signal is flashing
away. If you are making a lot of quick turns and using your turn
signals, it looks like the car is winking. I first thought we had a
burnt out headlight already till I figured it out. It's kind of weird.
All Canadian cars come standard with day time running lights.
Do American spec cars come with it too????

Wilson

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can tell you if we ever get our car. We ordered the DRLs & the car shipped from the final inspection location in Ohio last Friday....hopefully we'll have it by Saturday, but not holding my breath.

I've heard that all models with DRLs work this way. Sounds like a good idea, but need to see it to make judgement.

J

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jmettee: Your car will look just like our R/T.
Beautiful color in real life. Marine Blue Pearl
really suits the shape of the Caliber.

We ordered ours on April 1st
It arrived on August 12th

·
Registered
68 Posts
As long as you have the DRL option, it will do the "Blink-wink".

It's fun when your friend tells you your light is burnt out when you pull over, no it's not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
tkyoshi said:
As long as you have the DRL option, it will do the "Blink-wink".

It's fun when your friend tells you your light is burnt out when you pull over, no it's not.
Why do you have to pull over? I just tailgate a car with chrome bumpers to check my lights.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just noticed a couple days ago that the Chrysler 300 does the same thing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a Black Caliber and several times people have pulled out right in front of me, as if they didn't see me. Then when I honk or they do realize I'm right there, they have that look-:eek:, then they wave and move their lips like "Sorry!" I've wanted DRL's from the beginning, but they didn't have them on mine. When I read, a while back, that they winked, I wasn't sure about them. So from the people who've seen them, how do they look? Are they kinda goofy, or do they look ok?

After reading Harley's color quiz and seeing where black is the most prone color for accidents, I thought, yea I'd better get some. Just wanna know how they look. Thanks.
Fitz

·
Registered
294 Posts
I can't say they look goofy, but its been the law here for the past 16 years so I might be used to seeing them. I do have a preference in seeing the cars that use high intensity parking lights vs the headlights as drl.
I had to explain to my wife that she now has to turn on the headlights at night. On her old car, all lights were always on (a quick fix by some manufacturers when drl came in force) I run with the parking lights as well, sunrise/sunset, rear visual, anything helps black.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Sleazy said:
Why do you have to pull over? I just tailgate a car with chrome bumpers to check my lights.
LOL!!:D ... well it saves having to pull over and risk being hit from behind!

Principal said:
I just noticed a couple days ago that the Chrysler 300 does the same thing.
as do all 2005ish + chrysler/dodge/jeeps ( i think ;) )

·
Registered
644 Posts
I dont even have DRL on mine so i couldnt tell ya... id imagine they all do it for safety purposes though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sleazy said:
It's not tailgating, it's drafting! :D

You can check your lights and save gas at the same time!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sleazy said:
Haha, well I actually ment when pulling over to pick someone up. As you come up to them and signal, they think your light just burnt out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Magnums, 300's, Chargers, and all new DCX minivans do the same thing.

:)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't know how many or if any US states require DRLs
however Canadian regs state that if a turn signal bulb
is 100mm or less from DRL bulb then the DRL must shut
off when turn signal is on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts