Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
well, I've seen this Caliber last week on the Motorshow in Essen (Germany) and I was not impressed; the front was ugly and they did not have the things I was interested in (head/taillights); very expensive too
In the USA are better mods and gadgets for sale for the Caliber!
but there is another German company making accessories for the Caliber, and they expect head/taillight mods in march

·
Registered
82 Posts
Man,

I was all upset, I was thinking I missed the Frankfurt auto show this year as Iwent the year before, because I was thinking I would have seen this, but alas, it's every two years:) Didn't make it to Essen though:(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Do you know some factories selling parts for the caliber in Germany ? I would buy a strut bar but the mopar one is very expensive compared to professional products for other vehicles. What I like a lot of this startech caliber are the wheels and the exhaust system plus how the car is lowered. I mean I prefer the red one instead of the black one

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love the front bumper. This is the first time ive seen the black one, and i really like it. I think it would look better if they painted the front mesh, side skirts and rear to match the car. I dont know why they made it charcoal. But yea, its going to be way to expensive..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Exhaust is sick, and no I haven't looked at the options for the Cali over here. I love the rear diffuser/exhaust setup but this car isn't "fast" enough for that look you know. I do love the rims as well but I'm sure they'll be overpriced:) Wonder if they are TUV approved;-)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
In the performance kit they sell the chip for the diesel engine, the power goes from 140hp to 180hp , however I think that one can have the same with another brand of chipsets because the diesel engine is VW/Audi and very common.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, it's official, the more I look, the more I like it:) It's located here with me in Germany, might see how far thier location is, could justify it with the wife since it's her car:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tormentor said:
In the performance kit they sell the chip for the diesel engine, the power goes from 140hp to 180hp , however I think that one can have the same with another brand of chipsets because the diesel engine is VW/Audi and very common.
I'm interested in upgrading my caliber with a perfomance kit. But I also think, startech will be to expensive, but where to buy? any suggestions yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About the performance kit for the VW/Audi diesel engine ? There are a lot of them , actually I plan to buy a performance kit made here in Italy, it will cost about 300 €

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tormentor said:
About the performance kit for the VW/Audi diesel engine ? There are a lot of them , actually I plan to buy a performance kit made here in Italy, it will cost about 300 €
Will you buy it bring it and bring it to your dodge dealer, to get it installed, or will you install it yourself? (unfortunately I'm not very into technical stuff) :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
The black one looks sharp!

The red car looks good lowered too, dont see much else done to it though.

I can imagine these German made parts are going to be super expensive !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'll install it myself, its only a plug-unplug thing with a switch to turn it on or off. You can even buy the radio controlled version but I prefer to buy another kit to radiocontrol a switch (It's cheapier and looks better)

However here is what I want to buy (sorry it doesn't mean to advertise anything)

Code:
http://www.electronicpower.net/pde.html[/URL]

(you have to copy and paste the link in your browser, for whatever reason it doesn't work if clicked, it's all in italian but you can see the pic)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 2.0 benzin version..... you know of any companies in Germany that offer something similar for that engine.

·
Registered
590 Posts
junit said:
does any one know how much itll go for it
don't know the prices. i had the prices somewhere...
:(

But theyre very expensive!!!
they wanna have for the inferno red callie (2.0 CRD SXT manual) 29.957,53 € ($38.944)
:eek:

Mods:
- Startech Monostar IV 19"
- chrome wiper nozzles
- Startech Pedal levies
- Startech floor mats, 4 pieces
- Startech luminatet entry guards, 2 pieces
- Startech lowering
- Startech SD3-Kit (performance improvement to 180 HP)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts