Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have. The other day I was checking motor-oil level and it was night... don't know why I was checking it at night (duh). I couldn't get the dipstick back into its spot (and didn't know what was going on below the fancy-lawnmower-plastic-engine-cover) so I broke out the little flashlight.

That thing is really handy!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Cool, is it bright? How long does the battery last?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hell yeah! :D :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can this thing be used to point at something, or is it more like a flood light. Like if i'm delivering pizzas, will it be usefull for trying to spot a number on a house from my car? Or is it better suited for searching for change in my floorboards?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's bright enough but not as bright as a Maglight. It has two blue-ish LED lamps in it... and they blind you when you look at it:p Don't know how long the batteries last... haven't used it for that long yet. It's more of a flood light pattern, so not very good as a light-pointer. Don't think it'll be good for long distance viewing... such as reading house numbers.

Xtreme Thunder said:
At least it is useful! Caliber owners can now check the oil in the dark, screw the day!!:D;):cool:
LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
GOT said:
It's bright enough but not as bright as a Maglight. It has two blue-ish LED lamps in it... and they blind you when you look at it:p Don't know how long the batteries last... haven't used it for that long yet. It's more of a flood light pattern, so not very good as a light-pointer. Don't think it'll be good for long distance viewing... such as reading house numbers.

LOL
Usefull, but don't ya have to open the hatch to get at it???:eek:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pacerman said:
Usefull, but don't ya have to open the hatch to get at it???:eek:
Yes. It's inside the car next to the rear dome light. I guess Dodge was thinking that it would be a handy spot... seems ok to me. Besides I don't want it too accessible to the children (they'd play with it to-no-end and either break it or lose it). I usually carry a Maglight up front anyway... that is if my kids don't burn the batteries out:rolleyes:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't have to open the hatch. ;) i lean over the rear seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts