Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sportabus III, my R/T, has a mind of its own (my friend named it). I don't know what in the hell is going on with my Caliber, but it definitely has a personality all its own. It does what it wants to do, WHEN it wants to do it.

So, I drive Sportabus III everyday and am constantly locking and unlocking the doors with the remote. Sometimes the headlights come on when I unlock the doors, and sometimes they don't. Every now and then the headlights will stay on for about 30 seconds when I lock the doors and sometimes they won't. However, you can never tell when it will.

Also, my first roadtrip about 3 weeks ago found me running on low fuel. Well, a chime went off when the gas light came on. Yesterday, I was running low on fuel, the light came on, BUT no chime. Huh?

Sounds like a faulty computer system playing tricks on me. Either way, I must admit that I love the fact that my Caliber keeps me guessing. I just hope that it doesn't start acting a fool in other regards!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought it was only me that this was happening to. This morning I went to get coffee and when I got home and turned the car off the doors unlocked, the interior lights and headlights came on. I stood outside in the cold for what seemed like a long time to make sure the lights turned off.

I tried 1/2 the day to replicate it but could not. Has anyone else had this happen to them and how do I have it do that all the time since it is nice at 5:00 am when it is still dark and snow on the ground.

·
Registered
253 Posts
inside light will some times not come on with driver side dore. has not done it in a few weeks though

·
Registered
16 Posts
No so far everytime I open the door my dome light comes on with the door but this happened before I even opened the door. I know that you can use the dimmer control on the stalk to turn off the dome light but thats not my problem. It unlocked the doors and left the headlights on for me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
NJGuy said:
I thought it was only me that this was happening to. This morning I went to get coffee and when I got home and turned the car off the doors unlocked, the interior lights and headlights came on. I stood outside in the cold for what seemed like a long time to make sure the lights turned off.

I tried 1/2 the day to replicate it but could not. Has anyone else had this happen to them and how do I have it do that all the time since it is nice at 5:00 am when it is still dark and snow on the ground.
I could be wrong but if memory serves me right that can be setup thru
the Drivers Convienence Group using the EVIC button on the left side
of the speedometer if you have that option.
If you don't have that option it could be a programming glitch with
I would talk to your dealer about.
Read the owners manual carefully as I recall it is explained in there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i was having similar problems with thing just not working, dome lights, door locks and steering wheel radio controls. the dealer flashed and updated the pcm and all has been good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So it happened to me again tonight and I guess I am the only one with this problem (at least here). I ran to the store and when I turned the car off in the parking lot the doors unlocked, dome light came on and so did the headlights.

Got back home in less than 10 minutes and it didn't do it. The dome light did come on when I opened the door but no headlights and no auto unlock :confused:

I am starting to believe people that say uhhh something is the first thing to go as you get older :)

P.S. no EVIC but I did read the manual on how to turn it on about 2 weeks ago and tonight is the first time it did what it is supposed to do. Is there a secret sequence to getting this to work and nobody is sharing?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've had the doors unlock automatically when I turn the car off. The auto-unlock is accompanied by the usual dome/head lights coming on. It's only happened two or three times since I've owned the car. I just assumed that I managed to press the unlock button on the keyless remote (which is part of the key) as I was pulling the key out of the ignition.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've noticed that the buttons on the remote are *very* sensitive, and they don't take much more than a light touch to activate them.

My wife set off the 'Panic' alarm the other day, just reaching into her purse to grab the keys... Maybe that's the issue with the mysterious symptoms listed above?

- Gus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts