Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys and gals i just installed a new h/u and apparently need to find a switched source since the radio stays on with out the key. i have an sxt no boston systm.....what or how did you wire yours so that it was switched with the ignition? any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance.

Bryan:cool:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i just read the thread below and got my own answer...searching owns me!!! anyway looks like it the 12v source below the shifter. thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yep! 12volt outlet on the console is very easy to tap into for a switched signal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
you suck at the internet...hehe, only playing... what HU did you get?? any pictures? have any plans to do any other stereo upgrades?

btw: check out my thread on the cali build. Should have another update soon however, it's gonna take a while to complete the whole project.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994

·
Registered
140 Posts
right on.... have any pics of any of it?? we like pictures!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no pics yet .... i have to borrow a cam. from my dad..ours has died and i will post as soon as i get them. does anyone have any thoughts on building an enclosure where the spare tire is? my wife is hounding me to get the subs outta the back since they take up space. if anyone has pics of this that would be cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts