Dodge Caliber Forums banner

headlight not working

45K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Dombcaliber 
#1 ·
im a nubi to this forum. i have an 07 caliber and the issue im having is that my car blew the pass. side low beam . i wen out and purchased a new bulb but the low beam still doesn't work ..the driver work just fine both low and high i tested the low beam wire all the way to the fuse box and no power but all fuses are good ..........any help or suggestions....thanks

#4 ·
iv checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood and all looked ok . is that the only fuse box in the car ? i also tried diconecting the battery overnight and just for a cuple of hours but didn't work.... when i pluged the battery back up the pre sets on the radio where still on, is that right .........

#7 ·
I'm also having the same issues. The driver side low beam light was not working, but the passenger side was. I bought a new bulb, plugged it in and neither was working. I removed the bulb, waited until the following morning and tried again. This time both low beams did not work, but both hi beams worked. I checked every single fuse and all work in perfect condition. Not sure what to do! :(

#8 ·
Hi!
New guy here!:wave:
I dont own a Caliber yet, but hope to soon.

I was reading this thread, and was reminded of a similiar problem I had with my '01 Ram 1500 a few years ago. (Lights acting all wonky.)

The problem was the multifunction switch in the trucks steering column, this switch controls the functions of the lights, brake lights, turn signals etc..

Does the Caliber have a similiar switch controlling the lights?

Might be worth looking into.

#12 ·
I'm having the same problems and have tried new lamps, checked all fuses, disconnected the battery for 12 hours, but no joy. I put my scanner on it expecting a B162F or B1630 error code for the low beam, but none were recorded. What is going on here?
Anyone have a solution yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.