Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Headlight tint

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  EXcaliber 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tinted their headlight with a film kit. There are some on ebay cut for caliber headlights. Any suggestions/comments??

#2 ·
Check your local laws. The DOT doesn't sanction the use on "street" vehicles, but leave it up to each state. It's legal to sell them in all 50 states, but not legal to install them in all 50. They are illegal in my state, as well as colored license plate covers. Keep in mind also that your headlights won't be as bright at night.

#10 · (Edited)
pretty sure he meant headlight housing , not bulbs? Bulb-condoms dont last all that long anyways. If you're going to go yellow-bulbs, go with these:

the 3M stuff is built to protect the lense from scratches etc.. not just to change the color. Although, its probably the cheapest way to do both.

#12 ·
suzq044 said:
pretty sure he meant headlight housing , not bulbs? Bulb-condoms dont last all that long anyways. If you're going to go yellow-bulbs, go with these:

the 3M stuff is built to protect the lense from scratches etc.. not just to change the color. Although, its probably the cheapest way to do both.
As far as I know, Piaa does not make a yellow bulb for the headlights or the foglights. The headlights are either h13 or 9008, and the fogs are 9145 or h10. Unless I'm wrong it really stinks, because I'm a big fan of Piaa. Just installed the Piaa super silicone wipers yesterday.:D As you can see on my signature I'm using the silverstars, but I would go with piaa when they get the type of bulb that I want. I'm personally looking to go with the Super Plasma GT-X bulbs when they come available.

#15 ·
#16 ·
i have the film overlay in blue for the headlights but... that stuff is very sticky,a real pain in the azz to work with... so i have enough to do the foglights and i was thinking of doing the side mirrors with it also to give them the blue tint to them. with the blue film on the fog lens they still shine the color of the bulb hyper yellow an blue when they are off acourse. i like it. i will try to post some pics of that soon.

#17 ·
LLSJ07R/T said:
i have the film overlay in blue for the headlights but... that stuff is very sticky,a real pain in the azz to work with... so i have enough to do the foglights and i was thinking of doing the side mirrors with it also to give them the blue tint to them. with the blue film on the fog lens they still shine the color of the bulb hyper yellow an blue when they are off acourse. i like it. i will try to post some pics of that soon.
I thought yellow and blue make green!!:p Yeah post the pics, I'm truly curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.