Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driver's side headlight went out (brights) went to dealer paid $8.00 went home replaced bulb and the brights on driver side still don't work:mad: :confused: . any help greatly appricaited(sp)

·
Registered
377 Posts
The H13 is a dual beam bulb, meaning there is a possibility the secondary filament for the high beams is broken. A pulled or frayed wire on that side is a lesser possibility.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi BLaCKCalI...Commentary on your motto....don't look to the sky just before you die. Look at the sky now. With good learning & reasoning among the celestial objects & events in the sky, you will find why we were placed into being. & dying will have no reign over you. Just saw Comet McNaught with its intense center, coma ring & flaring, flailing tail last night as it plunges around the sun at 68 miles per second(the width of my state of Washington in 5 seconds). See the grandeur, know the grandeur... heaven awaits you.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
BLaCKCalI said:
driver's side headlight went out (brights) went to dealer paid $8.00 went home replaced bulb and the brights on driver side still don't work:mad: :confused: . any help greatly appricaited(sp)
Shouldn't have had to pay anything. That' what the warranty is for. Make the dealer fix it with no cost to you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
HSKR said:
Shouldn't have had to pay anything. That' what the warranty is for. Make the dealer fix it with no cost to you.

Warranties normally wouldn't cover a light. It is a consumiable, Thats like asking for your gas back because it went empty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
they dont give u gas back for it burning away?!!

--sorry, i'm just tryin to send this thread off on a tangent heading for left field. GO HAWKS TOMORROW!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
kaj27 said:
Warranties normally wouldn't cover a light. It is a consumiable, Thats like asking for your gas back because it went empty.
If people are getting thier rear license plate lights replaced under warranty, there's nor eason a headlight woudl be any different. A headlight shouldn't go bad on a new car in the first year EVER, and pretty sure it's covered under warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
HSKR said:
If people are getting thier rear license plate lights replaced under warranty, there's nor eason a headlight woudl be any different. A headlight shouldn't go bad on a new car in the first year EVER, and pretty sure it's covered under warranty.

I wouldn't go as far to say ever. Headlights are a tough thing, I've bought brand new bulbs and had them go within a few months. But they are consumiable. I wouldn't even bother my time to make an appoinment to change a bulb. I'd hit Wal-Mart and do it myself for $4.99.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
kaj27 said:
I wouldn't go as far to say ever. Headlights are a tough thing, I've bought brand new bulbs and had them go within a few months. But they are consumiable. I wouldn't even bother my time to make an appoinment to change a bulb. I'd hit Wal-Mart and do it myself for $4.99.
That's understandable, but this person went to the dealer to get the bulb, and then it didn't work when he installed it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The question still remains....is it covered or not within the first year?

It's Sunday now so I can't call my dealer to ask.

If I forget, it would be nice if someone finds an answer to put this question to rest. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
HSKR said:
That's understandable, but this person went to the dealer to get the bulb, and then it didn't work when he installed it.

Granted it still didn't work, But they still charged him $8 to replace the light. They obviously didn't test their work.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
The question still remains....is it covered or not within the first year?

It's Sunday now so I can't call my dealer to ask.

If I forget, it would be nice if someone finds an answer to put this question to rest. :)
1 year or 20,000 Kms. in Canada.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had my tail light quit on me so I pulled the bulb and tested it only to find nothing wrong with it. I took the car to the dealer and they said they had to clear all of the stored codes from the computer and then my tail light worked again. If this can happen to a tail light, I don't see any reason it could not happen to a head light. It just might be the cause of your problem as well.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
kaj27 said:
Granted it still didn't work, But they still charged him $8 to replace the light. They obviously didn't test their work.
No, they charged him $8 for the bulb, he replaced it himself. At least that's my take on his post.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HSKR said:
No, they charged him $8 for the bulb, he replaced it himself. At least that's my take on his post.
yes I replaced myself and plan on talking to sevice dept when I take it in for an oil change I thank you all for the input on this subject

1 - 17 of 17 Posts