Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Heat circuit, no rear park, license plate and interior lights

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  autogeek 
#1 ·
Hello caliber forum.
Im here to share my story of my problem diagnostic of my caliber r/t mt from 2007. It's an eu-export because i'm from Germany. It started with O2 sensor problems on Bank 1 sensor 1, heater circuit too high. Replacing helped. After few days sensor 2 popped the same error. New sensor (checked on bank 1 sensor 1 vice versa; sensors were fine) didn't solved the problem. Traced the problem to PCM with workshop manual troubleshooting. Seems the PCM bad. Second problem was no park lights, no license plate lights, no interior lights. Pre owner installed an aftermarket trail hitch. Stripped the panels in the rear part of the car and found complete corroded wires. Fixed the wiring. Replaced all bulbs in the rear. Worked for 2 days. Afterwards rear lights and the interior lightning (cupholder and a/c panel) didn't work again. Bulbs gone bad. Unistalled the trail hitch wiring back to stock wiring. Interior lights mentioned before and park lights still off. Everything else works with new bulbs. Checked the harness - tipm to rear lights. Result was fine. Checked output to rear lightning at the TIPM. No output at park lights pin. Other pins were fine.
I stop tracing the interior lights problem, but I got already tips on fb to check the cluster. But it seems to be part of the harness that cause trouble.
Current result: need new TIPM and PCM. Grounds were checked before and were all fine and I also did several TIPM resets. Did I missed something? Sorry for the wall of text and bad grammar. Best regards.

See less See more
#2 ·
Will it be best if you bring it to an auto service shop?
A car heater can stop working for a number of reasons, including -- a low antifreeze/water level in the radiator due to a leak in the cooling system. A bad thermostat that isn't allowing the engine to properly warm up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.