Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!!!

Not sure if there is a thread already like this.I have a SXT cali w/o heated seats. Is it possible to add them? Are the heating elements under or in the seats? I was already dissapointed to find out the drivers computer could not be added. I NEED SOME HOPE! My cali is beautiful but NOT ENOUGH GIZMOS.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You'd probably have to buy the seats with the heaters in them, and then the new dash bezel with the switches for the heated seats. That is if the wiring is even installed in the car for them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought an SXT sport W/o heated seats.

The intrument bezels are there w/o switches and the wiring loom is in place under the seat, so I guess it wont be a massive job.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looked in our R/T and I did not see the loom. Under the carpet??? Or because ours is early production I may not have the loom.

Probably my luck not there. I will look up the breakdown on the heated seats on the Mopar Computer at a dealership.

·
Registered
976 Posts
red devil said:
I just bought an SXT sport W/o heated seats.

The intrument bezels are there w/o switches and the wiring loom is in place under the seat, so I guess it wont be a massive job.
Which seat are you looking under???
If it's the passenger seat possibly you are seeing the looms for the airbag
weight classification system as there are 4 weight sensors under that seat.
I have the parts manual for the Caliber(all 3 models) will look it up and see if
I can tell any info.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes you can. my dealer screwed up and didnt order the heated seats which i wanted. they sent it out and had them install the heated seats at their expense. i think they said about 500.00.

·
Registered
44 Posts
they put the elements in the seat i think, and the switch is on the side of the seats.

·
Registered
683 Posts
caliberico said:
they put the elements in the seat i think, and the switch is on the side of the seats.
If the heat controls are on the seats then they aren't factory. The switches are on the center dash just above the shifter. On Calibers without heated seats the switch locations are filled in with a black spacer.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yeah, sounds like an aftermarket seat heater. Saw some advertised in a newspaper add. They remove the seat covers, put on the heatijng element, then put the seat covers back in. Switches go on the side of the seat. Supposed to be a "factory" look with the witches.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
caliberico, please find out if they are OEM because huff and HSKR are exactly right. the switches should be above the shifter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes they are aftermarket. they couldnt get them in without being aftermarket, but thats ok cause my wife really wanted heated seats. they payed the bill because they messed up. works good, and the switch is hidden. works for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts