Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4000 watt sound system in my SXT plus bi xenon headlights and navigation system, and all of this funn stuff eats a ton of electricity. I tried to find a high output alternator from Dodge but the dont carry any. The only place I found to get a HO alternator was Ohio Generator (ohiogen.com).

However, I first need the specifications on the alternator that is already in the car so that i can order the new one.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THE SPECS (manufacturer, name, amps, all numbers on the alternator, part number, etc.) IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
According to Dodge it is a 120 Amp alternator. How much current does your amplifiers draw? When you speak of this amount of power, are you quoting peak? You must have very large power cables.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If every power accessory you listed was on and at it's peak draw, you would require a 300 amp alternator to keep the batter(ies)y from draining down and killing a cell.

You don't need an alternator you need a small power substation :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
bustedstuff210 said:
I have a 4000 watt sound system in my SXT plus bi xenon headlights and navigation system, and all of this funn stuff eats a ton of electricity. I tried to find a high output alternator from Dodge but the dont carry any. The only place I found to get a HO alternator was Ohio Generator (ohiogen.com).

However, I first need the specifications on the alternator that is already in the car so that i can order the new one.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THE SPECS (manufacturer, name, amps, all numbers on the alternator, part number, etc.) IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Thanks!
direct from techconnect

Type - Melco
Rated SAE AMPS - 120 Amps
Engines - 1.8/2.0/2.4

·
Registered
321 Posts
120 * 13.8 = 1656
amps times volts = watts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts