Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the nite shades spray to tint out my taillights... According to the manual it says to pull out the plugs if you want to replace the bulbs if they become blow.... i attempted this for 30mins and didnt want to pry at it anymore.. It seemed impossible to take off that rubber plug,.

Is there a tool that i need to use to help take this out??? I dont want to break it. Help.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi: You were on the right track. The plugs (push pins) that hold the light assembly in are a two piece in one kind of rig. There are two of them on the cargo area side of the assembly. They are about a half inch round and are obvious to see. You pry up the center portion a bit, maybe a quarter inch and this takes the pressure off the sides of the insert. Then just pull the push pins straight out. The light assembly is also held in by a couple of posts that set into rubber grommets. The light assembly should pull straight out to the rear. Then just unhook the harness. I recall there being three connectors. This type of push pin connector gizmo is quite common through out body parts assembly on this vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. i was buggin me so bad that i gave up on it and just wanted to spray the lights with them on the car.. (i really wouldnt do that but wanted to).. i'll post pics up after.

·
Registered
169 Posts
OJCaliber said:
thanks for the info. i was buggin me so bad that i gave up on it and just wanted to spray the lights with them on the car.. (i really wouldnt do that but wanted to).. i'll post pics up after.
Where are the pics!?!?!?! Love to see it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts