Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just changed a lot of things in my 08 dodge caliber SRT-4 starting with my phasers and timing chain, guides, tensioners and my VVT Solenoids. I put everything back together started the car right up and it made a hideous whine noise that sounds like it's coming from the block, The check engine light came on but all it says is "P0038 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) 2, Bank 1, Heater Control - Circuit High" but I don't think that has to do with this extremely loud whine noise. Now when I did the timing I watched a youtube video by skittlefabs to double-check and make sure I did it correctly, I aligned the gold links that were 15 links apart on the phasers dots, and the other gold link on the dot on the crankshaft sprocket. If I did that wrong please tell me. Was there something procedural that I missed when installing the VVT Solonoids because the sound seems to be coming from that area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I figured it out! So it was my phasers, I also changed the solonoid, for both. Apparently you have to drive the car for about 30 miles and the phasers with program with the sensors. Once that happens it’s good. Just in case someone runs into the same problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts