1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
644 Posts
nice... that thing looks like a powerhouse.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's gotta be putting down over 300 at the wheels now. I havent dynoed again but before the intercooler bigger injectors and smaller superchagrer pulley, it was 280 whp and 345 on the torque. It's all right off the line too, wheelspin real bad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone watch the vid at the bottom of the post ?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Love the sound of that supercharger. Looks like that Mustang didn't have a limited slip-rear-end.

"Doug, don't hit me!" LOL!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wanna run em?? hehe.. only playin

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
dgksleeper said:
it's gotta be putting down over 300 at the wheels now.
300HP is pretty much reaching the limit of FWD before you start having problems with torque steer. Not bad at all, looks good. I like sleepers.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Michael K. said:
300HP is pretty much reaching the limit of FWD before you start having problems with torque steer. Not bad at all, looks good. I like sleepers.
horsepower doesn't cause torque steer... torque causes torque steer. A 2.4L TSX engine with the heads from the RSX Type-S apparently can make 300hp with not much torque.

I wouldn't say there is an exact limit in terms of fwd, the investment in coutermeasures just becomes more important (limited slip diff, equal length drive shafts, electronic aides etc.)... an improper setup with 200HP/LBStq. could feel a lot more difficult to manage than a 300-400hp/tq fwd. with the right torque counter meassures in place.

Mazdaspeed 3 for example, has 260HP and 280LBS of torque and got a good review on torque steer.... anyways a 12.7 second grocery getter is pretty cool

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The stang was on steet tires that night and I was on drag tires. He was also running a 150 shot, although it didn't help much . LOL

I have real bad torque steer now but they do make some LSD's for it. I just haven't gotten that far. I still pull 1.8 60's with my D.R.'s I'm pretty much done with power mods, I need to support the trans and handling a bit more.

The world record for a FWD 3800 is roughly 9.6 1/4 mile E.T.

·
Registered
775 Posts
dgksleeper said:
I have real bad torque steer now but they do make some LSD's for it.
Dude, drugs aren't going to help you. Stay off the LSD! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts