Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all !

First of all, please, excuse me for my bad english (i'm italian... i live in Turin, home of the last winter olimpic games, who of you remember it ? :eek: :) ).

I found this forum some weeks ago, and i read it every day. It's a really great community !

I'm waiting for my Black Sxt Sport Caliber (with diesel engine), and I have something to ask to you.

As you know, the sport caliber comes with a front grill coloured with the same colour of the car. Do you know if there's a place to buy a chrome one ?
I really like it ! I know that the chrome one comes with the SXT and Leather SXT, but not with the sport. I took a look at
dodgeparts.com , but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help and keep up this great community !

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congratulations on your Caliber order. Any idea when it will arrive in Turin?

I'd suggest you contact your dealer about the chrome grille. I know they are available because I had a minor accident which required grille replacement. The various websites, like dodgeparts.com, don't yet have full listings for all the parts, so the dealer may be your best bet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, it's grille, not grill as I wrote :) sorry :)

The car should be here in the second half of july... at least that's what there is on the contract i signed.

My dealer showed me a sheet in which there was the building date for my car: 30 june. Finger crossed.

Ok then, i'll call back the dealer about the chrome grille. I tought that on the internet it was possible to save some moneys... maybe i'll wait a little.

One other question: the sxt sport in America comes with 17" or 18" wheels ?

Bye and thanks !

·
Registered
83 Posts
First off, let me tell you how jealous I am that we can't buy a diesel here in America! :mad:

Over here the SXT's and SXT sports have 17 inch wheels. They keep the 18's for the RT models. I'm not sure if they can be swapped or not, the brakes may be different (?)

I'm in the opposite boat, my SXT came with the chrome grille and I would rather have the body color grille instead.

Anyway, congratulations both on your new car, and on advancing to the second round of the FIFA world cup. Our team really choked.:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply !

Then, i'm lucky twice, since the sport caliber here in Italy comes with 18" wheels ! I asked you beacause i had a little bet with a friend of mine, and he loose :) (he thought that the 18" wheels in the USA comes both with RT and Sport)

·
Banned
400 Posts
venturatz said:
Thank you for your reply !

Then, i'm lucky twice, since the sport caliber here in Italy comes with 18" wheels ! I asked you beacause i had a little bet with a friend of mine, and he loose :) (he thought that the 18" wheels in the USA comes both with RT and Sport)
Welcome to the forums! BTW, your friend "LOST" man... he LOST!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
STEELBLueCALI said:
Welcome to the forums! BTW, your friend "LOST" man... he LOST!:rolleyes:
yes, you are right... excuse me... here in Italy is hard to find a good english teacher... :p

Edit: or maybe I have to study more... :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
venturatz said:
Edit: or maybe I have to study more... :)
I'd be betting on that. Because, I'm the exact same way with German and Spanish.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well your cross bars will still be color matched but you make the inside part of the grill look chrome by using Custome Chrome from Pep Boys. They may have a website or you can find it online.

See....

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got an SXT Sport also. I also wanted the chrome grille. I got chrome tape from Advanced Auto Parts and did the same thing. It's pretty easy and I think it looks much better, especially with the body colored grille frame. DSC_0020s.jpg

·
Registered
506 Posts
hey man i have family in Torino and all over italy... my father is from sicilia near palermo... i'm in germany rite now outside Mainz with the US Army... I got the Chrome Grille from what i understand... just waiting on delivery.. mine will be earlier than yours i ordered an American Spec car as i am heading back to the US in February

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow thanks for the advice !

I looked at the pep boys website, but i couldn't find any pic of the chrome grill.

I'm not sure on what to do. In any case, today i will call my dealer, and i'll see.

I'm also glad that there are some Italian people around here... :D

Forza Italia !!!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
venturatz said:
Wow thanks for the advice !

I looked at the pep boys website, but i couldn't find any pic of the chrome grill.

I'm not sure on what to do. In any case, today i will call my dealer, and i'll see.

I'm also glad that there are some Italian people around here... :D

Forza Italia !!!
Congrats on the Caliber purchase!!!:):)

·
Registered
83 Posts
TimSax said:
I got an SXT Sport also. I also wanted the chrome grille. I got chrome tape from Advanced Auto Parts and did the same thing. It's pretty easy and I think it looks much better, especially with the body colored grille frame. View attachment 340
Timsax - what does Advanced Auto Parts call that stuff? Is it available on their website? I too went hunting on pepboy's website for that stuff and couldn't find it either

·
Registered
188 Posts
I couldn't find the stuff on a quick search either. It is totally worth it though to get the actual Custom Chrome product, it's a roll of it with 3m tape on the back. All you have to do is cut to length.

I wouldn't do the tape unless it was 3m plus it may not be as acurate when applied.

Tell y'all what. For anyone who wants it and can't find it I would be willing to pick some up for those who want to buy it. I have an ebay id, I could either put it on ebay or you can buy it right from me with Paypal.

If it's through ebay it would cost a bit more cuz I would have to cover fees probably like $20 instead of $16 straight through Paypal.

I can get some today or tomorrow and send it out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CaliberChic said:
I couldn't find the stuff on a quick search either. It is totally worth it though to get the actual Custom Chrome product, it's a roll of it with 3m tape on the back. All you have to do is cut to length.

I wouldn't do the tape unless it was 3m plus it may not be as acurate when applied.

Tell y'all what. For anyone who wants it and can't find it I would be willing to pick some up for those who want to buy it. I have an ebay id, I could either put it on ebay or you can buy it right from me with Paypal.

If it's through ebay it would cost a bit more cuz I would have to cover fees probably like $20 instead of $16 straight through Paypal.

I can get some today or tomorrow and send it out.

Thanks a lot caliber chic !

I'm really interested ! The problem is... i live in Italy and so, you have to tell me if you still want to send it to me ! (i'll pay all the shipping cost obviously).

Can you let me know the total amount of this purchase (including shipping cost to Italy) ?

Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
188 Posts
I will have to look into shipping, PM me your shipping addy and I will figure it out for you. I should be able to get a shipping quote online. Then I can send you a total amount.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Grill is something we cook on! Grille is whats on the front of our cars. Here in the USA we took Englands version of English and fixed all the mistakes they had in it!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
venturatz said:
yes, you are right... excuse me... here in Italy is hard to find a good english teacher... :p
Don't feel so bad, it's hard to find a good ENGLISH teacher in the USA!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts