Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Cali for a few months, and been perusing thesese forums for a while as well. Figured I have better introduce myself to the "family" as it were.
I love this car! Its not perfect, but its damn close.
Only problems I've had so far. was a transmission rattle when I accelerated, (which they fixed right away with some kind of program update), and the exhaust ping which is either gone now, or Im just so used to it i don't notice it anymore.
Im really not into taking a new car and modifying the heck out of it, but I do love some accessories. Had to get the windows tinted and then the hood deflector, and want to get the sunroof one next. I would also like to get the chrome gas cap and sill guards but man they want a lot of money for those. But I think the next project will definately be to get rid of that ugly antenna.
Anyways, received a lot of good info and some great peace of mind from this forum, so just wanted to say thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

So, you've a .50 Caliber? :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah that antenna had to go for me as well. I know it's preaching to the choir but I love my car too. Lucked out w/the pinging or whatever so far so good. Maybe it was corrected before the car went out. Not sure but I don't have that. :)

People(friends and co-workers) don't believe me that people(strangers) just stop me to talk about it. It's nice: I grew up in a small town and in Seattle even with the rep for friendly folks. People sometimes give you the evil eye when you dare to make eye contact. :rolleyes: Not like when you have to wave at everyone or you are such a snob, like where I grew up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome! I've got the Black SXT also. Tough to keep clean, but when it is clean, Man there aint nothin' better! Put my deflector on the front today. Took the old antenna off. Got my pinging fixed, and all is good! Good luck to ya, and keep sending pics.
Fitz

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Black is beautiful baby. So all you Black Cali owners better make sure any pics you post are of a clean and polished nature. I noticed Fitz slippin in a few there with rain spots showing. I wanna see a shine on the vehicle from now on mister! :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
.50 said:
Black is beautiful baby. So all you Black Cali owners better make sure any pics you post are of a clean and polished nature. I noticed Fitz slippin in a few there with rain spots showing. I wanna see a shine on the vehicle from now on mister! :D
Sir, Yes Sir!!!:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome .50...We should try to get a couple of cali owners here in vancouver and Seattle and Victoria together for a little car club meeting. I'm more or less thinking about crushing a couple beers, S'in a few J's and staring at our cars but who knows? Tell me what ya think! :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sure you live in cloverdale...not surrey. I used to live in Delta...not surrey. I've added you to my buddy list. PM me with a phone # and we'll get something hooked up. I hope you like beer...if not, i'm bouncin you off my buddy list cuz i got no buddy's that don't dig beer!LOL

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
High-Calibur Driver said:
Sure you live in cloverdale...not surrey. I used to live in Delta...not surrey. I've added you to my buddy list. PM me with a phone # and we'll get something hooked up. I hope you like beer...if not, i'm bouncin you off my buddy list cuz i got no buddy's that don't dig beer!LOL
It's all about the booze isn't it??!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
.50 said:
I think we got a fun one here!!!:D Welcome!!!

Medic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts