Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I believe it's illegal in all 50 states to have auxilliary lighting on while hi-beams are on. Might want to re-think before going ahead with that idea.

J

·
Registered
59 Posts
>> disclaimer: intended for off road use only.

Hee hee,

This stuff is all controlled by the TIPM module under the hood. In past DCX products, you could just use the dealer service tool to set the car up so that the fog lights don't drop out with high beams, can turn on without headlights, etc. Not sure if the Caliber works that way as well, but you may want to bring a six-pack down to the local dealer and see if you can convince a mechanic to try it for you...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but can you have the fog lamps and parking lights on at the same time, or do you have to have the headlights on in order to turn on the fog lamps?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Not to hijack the thread but can you have the fog lamps and parking lights on at the same time, or do you have to have the headlights on in order to turn on the fog lamps?
I don't have a Caliber so I can't go out and test. I am going to say 95% chance that will NOT work.....again as mentioned before.....maybe you can convince one of your dealers to mess around with it:

A: Fog Lights w/ High Beams
B: Fog Lights w/ Parking Lights

Would be interesting if one of them would work, I would like option "B" before "A" myself.

Maybe one of our members with fogs can stop down to a dealer, IF it will not set them back more than a six-pack or a few pizzas. We don't want anyone to bust a wallet on this!:D:cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm pretty sure fog lights with parking lights works. I will test it out on my way into work this morning

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
calibur said:
I'm pretty sure fog lights with parking lights works. I will test it out on my way into work this morning
Yeah, please keep us update on if it work or not...I will edit my other post if it does work....

·
Registered
911 Posts
The 2 Dodge's that I've had required you to have the headlights on in order to turn on the fog lamps.

'02 Neon ES
'04 Stratus R/T Coupe

Yes, please keep us informed if you can do that. My dad is an electrician and has made this possible on his 2 Chrysler products so he can probably do it for me if its not possible from the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts