Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I`m new to this forum,and the proud new owner of a Caliber SXT with the CRD engine and the 6 speed tranny.Great car!
I`ve been a devoted fullsize Chevy truck driver for many years now,but needed a small "easy parked" car for everyday driving,and saw Dodge introduced the Caliber back in June or July here in Denmark.Went for a testdrive in a CRD,and immidiately loved it.
What a torque! 310 nm. in a 2,0l engine,that`s pretty good.
I`m really looking foreward to drive it every day, and I hope that you guys out there still feel the same about your Caliber,because that means it still is a great car.

Question:
Does anyone have any experience with the woodykit from Autotech??

Best Regards
Wurlitzerguy

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Just to let you know I've had my caliber for a few months now and I still love it! As far as the woody kit.......There has been alot of negative thoughts on that here at this forum, so far as I can tell,no one here has used it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your welcoming, Excaliber.
About the woodykit:
I haven`t really had the time to read all the treads yet,but I understand that most people are negative about it...would that be because of bad quality of the product,or because they don`t like the looks of it...? and if nobody really tried it,how can they tell.
My first car back in the late 1970`s was an AMC Ambassador waggon with the woodgrain on the sides,and I think it looked great.Later I saw a couple of Ford Ranchero Squire`s and Suburban Estate`s in the Copenhagen area, and I still think it looked great.But it seems like it kind of went "out of fashion" in the 80`s and 90`s.At least I haven`t seen any lately.
So maybe it`s because it reminds me of "old days" and the cars I had,but I also think it would add something "different" to the Caliber that you don`t see everyday.
Most Calibers sold here,are black,white,silver, inferno red and sunburst orange, but I choosed the khaki with the beige interior,so the woodykit might really "touch it up".
Still,I would like to hear if someone tried it.

Regards,
Wurlitzerguy

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would think from some of the reactions to the woody kit that it's about the looks. I don't hate it myself.........but I think it fits certain vehicles, mostly the consensus here is that it doesn't fit the caliber. Look on the bright side! If you do get it, You'll certainly have a unique caliber:eek: :D . Here are a few links for you to look at. Hopefully this will help you!

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3354&highlight=woody+kit

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3151&highlight=woody+kit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Clavit.
Nice meeting you in here,did`nt really expect to find other danes here:rolleyes:
I`m located near Kokkedal...and I guess the reason is the big Mercedes-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge dealer here in hørsholm,he`s doing a great job introducing and selling US cars.And since July,Calibers too.

I must confess,I had a fun time reading your treads,trying to explain the danish taxrules:D :D :D to foreigners,you should now that only danes understand and pay these :eek: taxes.I`ve tried several times to friends from other countries,but they simply give up:confused: :confused: and believe I`m telling a joke.

But it takes a lot more to compare different countries,than just car prices.
Just ask how much people pay for health insurance in Germany and in the US,how much they pay for education,and how much they get payed for an hours work.Put it all together,shake it, and it will probably be the same.

Where are you located?
Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
You're right about the Danish tax laws, they don't make sense to foreigners.
I was surprised though, at the interest in the Danish van-conversion. It seems that there might even be a market for these in the states for people who never use the rear seats.

btw, I'm in 2670 Greve.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Welcome Wurlitzerguy! My grandmother is from Denmark (I have no idea from what city). So I'm 25% Danish :D Is Aqua popular over there? I like the Danish bands that have made it over here in the USA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi GOT.
Nice to hear about your danish heritage.
My family and I visited the US 2 years ago.We drove all the way from Houston TX up to Iowa and from there to Nevada and ended in San Francisco.
But I remember on the way to Iowa,that we went through some small towns with danish heritage,they sold danish pastry,little mermaids(?!) and stuff,had danish flags all over, and an old mill,pretty funny in the middle of nowhere...but I guess most of the immigrants from Denmark setteled in that area.
We did`nt stop though, we found it a little weird to travel 5.000 miles away from Denmark and then stop for danish pastry...:confused: :p
We were more looking for typical american places.

I`m sorry, but AQUA is long forgotten here, you know how it is with bands, they come and they go....! My girls (8 and 12) still have their dvd though:D
Regards,

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wurlitzerguy said:
...we found it a little weird to travel 5.000 miles away from Denmark and then stop for danish pastry...:confused: :p
LOL, yeah.

Wurlitzerguy said:
I`m sorry, but AQUA is long forgotten here, you know how it is with bands, they come and they go....! My girls (8 and 12) still have their dvd though:D
DO'H. I guess that's how it is with bugglegum-pop-bands... and goes to show my immature taste of music... heh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts