Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all you Caliber people from here in sunny England :)

I've got a red 2.0L SXT Sport CVT on order which I'm told will arrive in about 6 weeks time :)

The Caliber is the first car from Dodge to be launched here and the marketing push is in full force.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to Caliberforums! Sunny England...and quite hot lately from what I have heard.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the club! Sun is nice, but it's been roasting us over here in Maryland lately! Could use a little break! Good thing my Cali has A/C!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's been the hottest day of the year so far today - we're in the middle of a heatwave which makes a change for us. A/C is a godsend!! Thanks for the welcome :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
One more thing...be sure to post some pictures when your caliber arrives.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome StephenM UK

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome :)

Calibered, have no doubts, they'll be plenty of photos of my car once it arrives, so you can see steering wheel is in the wrong place.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ooh something new for us all to gawk at. :) I have the same car you ordered pretty much. Except the whole steering wheel on the left side thing.
front.jpg

inside.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beth, your Caliber looks great :D I though the red paint and red seat inserts might be too much but I think they look amazing!!

However, in the UK brochure it states that the SXT Sport comes with a chrome grille and yours is the same as the bodywork?? I wonder is this one of the differences between the US and European models? And now after seeing yours, I'm not sure which I prefer??

·
Registered
198 Posts
There was a big uproar here over the grille issue. It was ordered with a chrome grille but after a certain order date, they gave a painted grille for the SXT Sport. So basically, if I had ordered a week earlier, I would have a chrome grille.
I don't mind, though. I'm loving the painted grille. And the seats. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah I still think that that whole deal stinks. I will say though that the chrome mods of the painted grills look great! You can find some of them in the Mod section of the Forum.

·
Registered
689 Posts
There is a couple of weird stories on the grille, first it was to get more Calibers out quickly, then it was because the Sport was originally suppose to have colored grille, but now it seems most are coming with colored grille, and a few make it out of the factory with chrome.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think that the plant got infested with Chromlins. They are pesky little marsupial's that only eat Chrome. I hear that they are a big problem because they replicate themselves if they get wet, so it is hard to get all of them. Not to mention that you really don't want them to feed after midnight. Let's just say, they become a handfull....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, does any of the models come with the chrome grille as standard now, or do you have to have it as an upgrade if you want one??

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got an SXT Base with a chrome grill back in May but as far as I can see the only ones getting them now are the R/T's.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think the SXT without the sport package still gets the chrome grille. I also read a message on here about the chrome peeling off, so I'm counting my blessings. Not sure if that was a one-time thing though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
StephenM UK said:
So, does any of the models come with the chrome grille as standard now, or do you have to have it as an upgrade if you want one??
Over here in Germany, the chrome grille is the standard grille for the SXT version. Chosing the sport pkg will change that option into body coloured though, but then you can maybe ad the luxury pkg to make it chrome again :rolleyes:

That's why I've chosen the german SE (which again is different from the US version) since the only difference between the SE and the SXT here in Germany would have been the fog lights and cruise control, which I simply don't have any use for.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The chrome peels off!!!

I think I'll put a copy on here of the UK Caliber Spec so you can see the differences. I know you guys get Satellite radio which we don't even have here so it must be a standard analogue one.

I'm surprised there seems to be differences between the European models too!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts