Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does nayone know where we can find a good HID kit. I'm thinking I'd like something that has both the high and lowbeams as HID and not a dual lamp kit. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for ones the same color as the S2000. Those lights are hard as hell.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Last time I checked, unless your vehicle came stock with HID's, it was illegal to install them on a non-HID equipped car. But then again, that was about 2 years ago. And I haven't heard anything since.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
RobMR3 said:
Last time I checked, unless your vehicle came stock with HID's, it was illegal to install them on a non-HID equipped car. But then again, that was about 2 years ago. And I haven't heard anything since.
Thats interesting, I never heard of that before. Maybe I am oblivious:eek:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah, please don't put those crazy HID-type-shiny-ass bulbs, or don't throw HID lights and ballasts into the Caliber. I hate it when cars have stock halogen parabolic reflectors with these aftermarket light setups. It blinds oncoming traffic, looks like butt, and is a general poor show all around.

I wish cops were given the okay to see cars with such horrible setups and pump some 9mm holes into those aftermarket ghetto light setups (hey, some cops use .40 or 10mm, but I think most still go with 9mm).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess I should just not do HID lighting to my Caliber because you want cops to shoot it up if I do. Read what you just said. That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. I asked a serious question, I don't care what you think. If I did, I'd have started the thread, "Hey everyone, What do you think of this?" but I didn't because I wanted to know if anyone knew about a kit for our cars. Some kits may look like crap but don't assume they are all junk. What do you think is in the new hummer, and they have a parabolic relector as well. But who am I to judge your criticism, You where just stating your opinion, albiet a very crappy one. Ok I'm done ranting. I'm doing HID. Plain and simple. I had them in my last ride and I'm gonna have them in my Caliber. FORWARD THINKING>>>>>> I need information about HID kits for this car. Nothing more, nothing less

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
holeydonut said:
Yeah, please don't put those crazy HID-type-shiny-ass bulbs, or don't throw HID lights and ballasts into the Caliber. I hate it when cars have stock halogen parabolic reflectors with these aftermarket light setups. It blinds oncoming traffic, looks like butt, and is a general poor show all around.

I wish cops were given the okay to see cars with such horrible setups and pump some 9mm holes into those aftermarket ghetto light setups (hey, some cops use .40 or 10mm, but I think most still go with 9mm).
So please tell us how you really feel!!:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hahaaaaa...:D

·
Registered
447 Posts
On a not so side note though, the headlamps on the caliber are pretty focused for being simple reflectors. So in all honesty I don't think you'd be massivly blinding everyone on the road if you used them.

Now if you were putting them on your 2' lifted truck on the other hand...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
...that would be retarded. :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
i know u can buy bulbs that burn a little brighter and have color too. autozone has them. like 9 bucks. if u want true HIDs you have to buy a module which is like 800 bucks thats what my dad said the chrysler 300's was.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
srtman said:
i know u can buy bulbs that burn a little brighter and have color too. autozone has them. like 9 bucks. if u want true HIDs you have to buy a module which is like 800 bucks thats what my dad said the chrysler 300's was.
Personally I think those $9 one let out less light, believe me. So if you take a regular halogen with a $9 blue special there will be less light emitted with the $9 bulb. Think about it for a second, anything that has a filter on it is filtering light = less light. It WILL result in the bluish tinge though. I personally recommend Sylvania Silverstars if you want to do anything. Or like srtman suggested, spend $800 for a ture setup.

Sidenote: I hope the Caliber does come with them as an option in the future though!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
$800 dollars for a headlight setup?!!? Are they filling the lightbulbs with cocaine or something?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just like the coke filled airbags over in Finald :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Screw that...I'd take some ganja over that shit...I don't want to die at 15...:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Read this like it is coming out of Robin Williams' mouth :D

That's awesome! A little coke in the airbag. Crash into someone... not a problem, even though you just broke your face, you're feelin' great and nothing is gonna make you sad cuz you've got COKEBAG. Get it now, crash your car, come back and get another one, crash it again. It's all good and it's covered by insurance. Not your medical insurance dummy, your car insurance.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haaaahahaha....:D

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
This may be a dumb sounding question, but thats why I ask, so I will no longer be dumb. :)

Would doing a headlight conversion or something on that level, void your warranty for some reason?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts