Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all Caliber's come with the long mast antenna? I recall seeing pictures of a "shark fin" antenna on the cars instead of the giant one in front...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think the european cars get the fin. Here in the states we are left with the whip. Its like the antenna i used to take off my fathers delta 88 and try and chop branches off of trees with.

·
Registered
198 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
Do all Caliber's come with the long mast antenna? I recall seeing pictures of a "shark fin" antenna on the cars instead of the giant one in front...
Shark fin will be for the XM/Sirius sattelite radio.

Yes, all calis have the long mast. We replaced ours with an 18" black one. Much more gooder. ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Yeah, U.S.A. gets the whip and Europe gets the roof mounted short one. Any fin like antenna on a Caliber for '07 is for Sirrius.
You sure about that? I have that Sirrius thingy and I don't believe I have a fin.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have been looking into replacing the antenna as it looks terrible.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sean said:
Yes, all calis have the long mast. We replaced ours with an 18" black one. Much more gooder. ;)
Where did you pick up that antenna? I'd like a more gooder antenna as well :X

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Sleazy said:
You sure about that? I have that Sirrius thingy and I don't believe I have a fin.
Can someone confirm me on this...it may not be a "fin", rather a smaller flat black piece on the roof toward the wing for Sirius.

Poor choice of words on my part.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Can someone confirm me on this...it may not be a "fin", rather a smaller flat black piece on the roof toward the wing for Sirius.

Poor choice of words on my part.
Confirmed! I've seen the shark type antenna on some bmw's and other cars. I happen to like the Sirrius antenna that is on the Caliber.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
ashram said:
there is an ongoing thread here
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800

various pics and info are spread throughout...
Thank you for posting this; there are several previous informative discussions about this topic (that can be located with the search feature) and that contain links to where to buy the optional antennas.

This one mentions and pictures the "shark fin" style antenna; however, I don't believe anyone has found out whether one is available for the Caliber yet:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1037

·
Registered
65 Posts
Principal said:
Where did you pick up that antenna? I'd like a more gooder antenna as well :X
Picked mine up at Canadian Tire yesterday. Stainless steel Black. Comes with all the adapters. Took 5 minutes to replace and looks so much better.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here it is, straight from the manufacturer's 5 thousand + pages service manual.​

ANTENNA-SATELLITE

DESCRIPTION​

The satellite radio antenna is secured by adhesive foam and retainers which protrude through a hole in the roof
panel. Two wires from the antenna are connected to the body harness above the headliner.

OPERATION​

The satellite radio antenna receives signals from orbiting satellites and sends these signals to the satellite receiver
module. The satellite radio antenna must have open space in which to operate. Items carried on the roof, parking
inside etc. can have an effect on the antenna’s ability to receive signals.

·
Registered
199 Posts
And yet there is more.​

ANTENNA BODY AND CABLE

DESCRIPTION – Fixed Mast Antenna

The antenna body and cable are secured below the fender panel by the antenna cap nut through a mounting hole in the side of the right front fender. The primary coaxial antenna cable is then routed beneath the fender sheet metal and through an entry hole in the right cowl side panel into the interior of the vehicle. Inside the vehicle, the primary coaxial cable is connected to a secondary instrument panel antenna coaxial cable with an in-line connector that is located behind the right end of the instrument panel. The secondary coaxial cable is then routed behind the instrument panel to the back of the radio.​

DESCRIPTION – Roof Mounted Antenna

The roof mounted antenna is a combination antenna that is used for the reception of Amplitude Modulation (AM) frequencies, Frequency Modulated (FM) frequencies and Satellite signals for the Digital Satellite Radio. The primary coaxial antenna cable is then routed through an entry hole in the roof panel into the interior of the vehicle. Inside the vehicle, the primary coaxial cable is connected to a secondary instrument panel antenna coaxial cable with an inline connector that is located behind the right end of the instrument panel. The secondary coaxial cable is then routed behind the instrument panel to the back of the radio.​

·
Registered
775 Posts
If you don't like the stock "mast" antenna, you could always do what I did:

·
Registered
29 Posts
.50 said:
Picked mine up at Canadian Tire yesterday. Stainless steel Black. Comes with all the adapters. Took 5 minutes to replace and looks so much better.

How much and do you know the Model?

·
Registered
65 Posts
It was the only model they had in stainless steel black. All the rest were chrome and retractable. Cost about 15 bucks. Let me know if you still want the brand name. I'll dig the package out of the trash. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd like the brand name. I was gonna get the 13" one from e-bay but alot of people said they were sh*t. I'm gonna go take a lookee at Can Tire today and see what i can find.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts