Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been thrashed to pieces on other threads, but I was specifically looking for Canadian Cali's that have HIDs installed in the stock headlight housing, not projector lights.

I've been attempting to get my set from OMNI-X in Texas (H13 HID - BI-XENON CONVERSION KIT) to work since Aug 2010. Yesterday was the last attempt and it failed. My mechanic followed the instructions from OMNI-X which were to install resistors on their harness 'up-stream' from their plug which connects to the driver-side headlight plug. For the record, a resistor was installed for both the low & high beam.

In testing, after re-installing for the up-teen time, we simply turned the headlights on, without the engine running and the lights came on, as well as the starter activating! The key had NOT been turned-on and then, there was a mad scramble to disconnect the battery!

We reconnected the battery and started the engine and the lights worked well with no hint of flashing and disactivation (which was the reason for which we installed the resistors.) We then proceeded to uninstall everything again... :(

I've given up on the OMNI-X's and am looking for someone, IN Canada, who has successfully installed 6000K bi-xenon (which I believe, bi-xenon is the only type you can install in a 2007. If not, we'll leave that for another discussion...) into the stock headlight housing and hopefully, the HIDs were purchased in Canada.

Look forward to some positive input, thanks,

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
take the hid's out and sell them.

Or go and buy [email protected] plug and play kit that wont cause problems.

This topic has been beaten to death, brought back to life, and then re-beaten back to death.

everyone who has tried hid's has failed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know exactly how you feel... and yes they've been taken out and are on Kijiji!

I'm looking for something IN Canada! Damn duty...

Thanks,

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
im pretty sure that gizmo is in fact, in canada

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, he is!

Did get in touch with him and we're in the process of rectifying things.

Regards,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great success with HID's

I have a 2007 R/T AWD and I installed a set of Bi-Xenon HID's from Euro Effects (purchased through eBay).
We had to use a dual harness, which the vendor supplied at no extra charge and 6 ohm 50 watt load resistors to 'fool' the computer, but other that than, the installation went perfectly and everything worked very well.

This set up works with the DRL's and even cuts out the DRL on the side the flashers are engaged on.

I had some trouble the first winter because the relays and harnesses did not agree with our salty roads and even though they were behind the whell well liners, they still corroded at the main power wire.

However, the vendor replaced both harnesses (under warranty, no less!!!) and when I re-installed them, I used a special self vulcanizing rubber tape to ensure the relay to harness connector area was completely watertight.

These are 35 watt; 8000K; Bi-Xenons and I have never been happier with a purchase. The vendor in this case was AWSOME!! No excuses, he just keeps his clients happy! I wish there were more like him.
:beerchug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts