1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Not true HID and will likely look blue and blind other drivers. You cant just toss a high intensity bulb in a halogen housing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Not true HID and will likely look blue and blind other drivers. You cant just toss a high intensity bulb in a halogen housing.
i completely agree, i see too many ppl doing that and it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I ordered them because of the way the beam patter is on our cars so think they might work out better than they do on other cars.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Just after you install them have a buddy drive in front of you and pass you oncomming to see if its blinding.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No not yet. They are being shipped so I will write a small review and pics when I get them installed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Which kelvin did you order?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a hard time choosing between the 6000k and 8000k and finally decided to go with 8000k.

·
Registered
413 Posts
let us know how you like them...........take some pics too!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That I definately will do and I think that they'll work out fine just because of the way the headlights are designed and set. Fingernipp said that you can put HIDs in a halogen housing, but if you actually knew about HIDs they aren't always in projector housings. For example the Escalades, Lincoln LS, and few other cars I cant think of right now that use the same housing for both the halogens and HIDs.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
This is true that some models can use xenon or halogen... but the lights are actually desiged with that in mind. Halogen bulbs in those housings dont give off great light.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I received the lights yesterday and didnt have to install them so i got them put in today. Didnt have time to take any pics but installation was pretty straight forward however any car with an H13 bulb will not be plug and play. So I had to find the high and low beam wires, tag those as well as install a relay for both hi and low beams. They looked good, but I'll see how they do on the drive home from work.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
joker2 said:
I received the lights yesterday and didnt have to install them so i got them put in today. Didnt have time to take any pics but installation was pretty straight forward however any car with an H13 bulb will not be plug and play. So I had to find the high and low beam wires, tag those as well as install a relay for both hi and low beams. They looked good, but I'll see how they do on the drive home from work.
Very nice, looking forward to seeing the results!:cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys sorry its taken me awhile to get pics. I've just been busy with work but I finally got pics last night and will put them up tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
joker2 said:
Hey guys sorry its taken me awhile to get pics. I've just been busy with work but I finally got pics last night and will put them up tonight.
No, I think you should post them now!!!:D:D:D

I can't wait to see!:cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
No, I think you should post them now!!!:D:D:D

I can't wait to see!:cool:
I wish I had my camera with me because work kinda slowed down. The pics dont do these things any justice at all. Im pretty happy with outcome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 39 Posts