Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Caliber (the second in two months - my wife hijacked my first one) had the problem of the factory garage door opener button (Homelink) not working. I knew how to program it because I had done the same thing with my other Caliber. My first Caliber (the black one) was programmed in a heartbeat. The newest Caliber (the white one) simply would not mate to the garage door opener head unit even though it showed the correct light blinking sequences.

Took it to the dealer and the service writer was nice but assumed I didn't know what I was talking about. I assured him that I could program, kill, and reprogram my other Caliber without a problem. I *KNOW* how to program the Caliber's factory garage door opener! By being able to program my other Caliber and making the garage door go up and down it showed that the garage door head unit was working just fine. He took in the car saying something like they had had no way to test it.

I came back after breakfast and the service writer said they plugged in to the car's computer and could tell that the garage door opener was on but wasn't broadcasting a signal. They had the means to reset the computer and then they had a readout that showed that the garage door opener was transmitting. I took the car home and it programmed in a heartbeat and worked like a charm.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts