Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have orange r/t just bought in april. tried to disable the honk when you lock with the remote. did what the manual told me with no sucess. anything im missing or tips? thx

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Keep trying. Took me a few times trying to get some of the settings to finally take. It's almost like I wasn't doing it just right. I like the honk on lock, expcet it seems my horn is excessively loud. Louder than the Caliber rental I had once. I set mine up to unlock all doors with one push of the button, and to unlock all the doors after coming to a stop, putting car in park and opening one door. Makes it easier getting kids out of the back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I understand what you are saying about the horn being loud. When I hit the lock on mine it is loud enough to wake all of the dogs up in the neighborhood.

I like the Honk-N-Lock feature, just wish there was a way to turn it down a little without pulling one of the wires on the horn assembly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I usually just hit the 'lock' button on the armrest, before I close the door... especially if it's late, and I don't want to make a lot of noise.

:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
As noted above, most likely a matter of timing. Same goes for turning off the autolock @ 15mph, it can take a few tries. Had done both of these on my Neon, luckily, the Charger has them as options in the EVIC, so I can easily select the status.

The Calibers horn is loud, I rented one for four days, I winced every time I hit the loc button, thought I had given a little old lady a heart attack once, I didnt notice her walking by when I hit the button.

·
Registered
253 Posts
sceww that let the punks know it is locked good and tight

·
Registered
294 Posts
GLHS837 said:
As noted above, most likely a matter of timing. Same goes for turning off the autolock @ 15mph, it can take a few tries.
Got the horn off, was able to turn on and off the autolock, the auto-unlock is the problem for me.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It's in the owners manual. Am I the only person who reads those things to see what features I have on my car??

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Uhh, hello, so am I. But I also do most of the work on my own cars, and like to know what I have. You'd be surprised sometimes of all the little features they put into cars, but never advertise. Knowing how your car works(reading the owners manual helps a lot) will help make the driving experience better.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
enigmic said:
Uhhh, hello? I'm a guy...
Yep, you're right. Owners manuals are free and supplied in the glove box of a new vehicle.

The only way most of us guys would look at owner's manual would be if they were sold for $5.95 in a plain brown wrapper from behind the dealership's cashier window. :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well, in my defense, this is the 1st NEW car that I have ever had and every owners manual that I have ever readjust tells you how to click the seat belt and where the key goes. plus I am ADD, so I just skim... anyway, I do oild changes and the like, but my personal forte is aftermarket electronics. Which is why I was shocked to learn that you could manually change the programming on the key fob / PCM. I usually know stuff like that. Anyway, I am still waiting for my wife to get home. Looks like I will be doing some reading tonight.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
enigmic said:
plus I am ADD, so I just skim... anyway,
Index in thr back works wonders. Look under the remote keyless entry section. That's where it describes the procedures.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Let me just note for you, I followed the instructions in the manual and it didn't work. I tried about 50 times. I went to the dealer and he couldn't do it either. So they hooked it up to the computer and fixed it in a minute. He said sometimes it changes or just doesn't work. I have seen others post here with the same issue, so it might be a quick triip to the dealer.

Of course I am sure as in the past when I have posted this someone will re-iterate that I was just too dumb:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
HSKR said:
Index in thr back works wonders. Look under the remote keyless entry section. That's where it describes the procedures.
Ok, my owners manual must be missing a page. I can not find the section that describes the procedure for this. I found the others on pages 16-20 (I think).

All I want to do is turn the honking horn off when I hit the lock on the key fob.

Can someone type up the procedure here so I can attempt it?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts