Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm from Canary Islands (Spain) and I've got a new Dodge Caliber (1.8 cc) since a few days. I like so much this car, it's new in my country and for the moment nobody knows it.
I'm thinking to chrome the grill of my Caliber and I know a place where make this work, but I must to take the grill disassembled and I don't know to do this. Can you help me? Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So how was it done? I have looked at mine, I see some tabs that look like they would pop out the grill only, but I did not force the issue yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bg77:

1º) You must clear the screws that hold the frontal black plastic.
2º) You must clear the plastic that covers the battery.
3º) You must clear carefullly the nuts and the tongue-pieces that hold the grill with the front bumper.

That's all, good luck.

·
Registered
901 Posts
panzita said:
Ok, I did it. It wasn't so difficult!
Now I only must chrome the grill. This it is the way.

racingcolors.com/MaquinaCromado2.htm

Bye!
Now THAT is some nice chrome metallic spray paint!! Very nice quality. Much more shiny than the canned spray that is less than $10US.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks, it actually came apart real easy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This method to chrome plastics is not with painting or spray, is a chemical treatment just like the manufacturers of automobiles makes. The final result is the same that the original grill of Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep... and others, (and something more cheap)...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts