Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I can't believe the engineers or who ever signed off on making our seats didn't look at how easy they stain. I mean I looked at them last night and my son called me, I turned, when I looked back there was another stain!.....no, really, has anyone figured out a good way to clean our seats?

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
MidnightSRT4 said:
the black leather stains? I haven't had any problems but then again I think everyone knows if they stain my car they die. lol
ha ha, its the best fabric protectant ever

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've honestly never had leather seats before so I'm not really sure what you'd use, but I guess I didn't really think that leather would stain that easily. shows what I know!

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
It's not leather, it's vinyl.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
but i think hes referring to the performance cloth inserts though...they do stain like a bitch though......

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
If it's the cloth/fabric seats use a steamer with a dry cloth for blotting. It also works for the carpets. I use the Steamer that's advertised on TV and it works in most cases, if not use a shot of carpet stain remover.
If it's leather, how do they keep cows clean?

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Libbs said:
but i think hes referring to the performance cloth inserts though...they do stain like a bitch though......
that stuff isnt the "Yes" fabric is it? I always thought that the "Yes" seats fabric looked similar and looked like a pain to clean

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
that stuff isnt the "Yes" fabric is it? I always thought that the "Yes" seats fabric looked similar and looked like a pain to clean
The SRT seats don't have the "Yes" fabric.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
MarylandSRT4 said:
I'm talking about the part of the seats you sit on, where the hot dog onions, chocolate pieces and hamburger drips go...between the legs, I mean I'm careful and sh&t but my seat is stained. I'll try the carpet cleaner dab trick when I get home...don't have the steamer though...........
may i suggest this to you:

:jester:

I dont eat in my car much, I'll have drinks all day long but i rarely eat in my car, and if i do I'm stopped

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
The non-airbag seats are vinyl/fake leather, not real leather.

·
Registered
424 Posts
mine look literally exactly the same except the top "wing" like thing on the back. other than that they're exactly the same size/material.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
How about carpet cleaner for the cloth. Tide stain treater is the ****, I recommend them. I have one stick at work, one at home, and one in the car. Tide to go has removed ketchup and grease stains from my work khakis :bigthumb:. Im sure it will work wonders on the interior. Buy some and give it a try, you will be VERY impressed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts