Dodge Caliber Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
MidnightSRT4 said:
those pen things are actually insanely good.
U are correct :)

This pen has saved numerous pants and shirts Ive spilled things on.

Reactions: theredfox

·
Registered
424 Posts
my fiance swears by them. then again...she likes to color like a 3 year old so... :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The SRT seats are vinyl not leather, I first noticed this when I sat in one and felt the seat, it felt nothing like the seats in my 300 C SRT8. I then checked dodges website and yes it said vinyl with the cloth inserts. Until 08 the RTs are the only ones that get leather seats.
Now in 09 they are going to release the SRT seats with leather instead of vinyl.

cheers

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I used Dawn Dish Soap, Hot Water, Scrub Brush,and a Shop Vac to get a large grease stain out of my rear seats. It was a very large spot from hot wing sauce spilling out of the box. I sprayed the area down with hot water, then just used a small dab of Dawn Dish Soap on each corner and one in the center. Scrubbed and sprayed hot water at the same time, then vaccumed and sprayed hot water until the area was clean and dry. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I decided to go with Wet Okele neoprene seat covers instead of cleaning these seats EVERY week. They are expensive, but a set on my Ram outlasted the truck itself. Just don't get a pattern with white in it...

·
Banned
696 Posts
OK just tried the iron and water trick, worked great at getting the stains out of the cloth part. Up to this point I had tried 3 different cleaners and they all just pushed the stain around. Get the wifes iron and some water in a spray bottle. Spray down the area and place a cloth (clean one) over the stain. Push down with iron and check from time to time. Should transfer the stain onto the cloth (white cloth works better to show that the stain is getting lifted). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seats are quite easy to clean. Here´s how I do it: Small sponge, bit of soap(not liquid) and water. Rub soap to the sponge, then rub at the dirty spot, let it affect for a while, and rub it away with a CLEAN sponge (a new sponge, or wash the old one). After these it looks like there is a bigger stain, but it is just water. Do NOT put much water, it has to be just moist, not wet.... :D

Sorry about my english skills, I´m from Finland...:wave:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nexus said:
Seats are quite easy to clean. Here´s how I do it: Small sponge, bit of soap(not liquid) and water. Rub soap to the sponge, then rub at the dirty spot, let it affect for a while, and rub it away with a CLEAN sponge (a new sponge, or wash the old one). After these it looks like there is a bigger stain, but it is just water. Do NOT put much water, it has to be just moist, not wet.... :D

Sorry about my english skills, I´m from Finland...:wave:
Thanks for the tip and your english is great, much better than our Finnish probably! :jester: Saku Koivu FTW!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here because of some tips and I use some warm water and mix it with a little extra strong detergent but some stains can't go away. Saw here that the pen like Tide can be useful but with all of the stains on my seats might need at least 3. Will try it and see if it would work.

·
Registered
Calibre SXT Sport CRD
5 Posts
For fabric seats, I vacuum it first then spray a diluted apc, you can saturate if it's heavily soiled. After that, I use a drill with a soft brush, then use my extractor to suck it all out. Leave damp till dry.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts