Dodge Caliber Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Just picked up a can of Stoner Trim Shine today. Used it on the roof rail trims, mirror and airdam. It has a nice wet shine but with no greasy residue. Works real easy, just spray it on and no toweling needed. The roof rails looks like it's been painted gloss black. Will see how it holds up but nice first impression after initial application.
http://www.trimshine.com/

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
you know its funny, i see everyone always complaining about the plastics on the car, but ive never put anything special on them, never use armor all or anything like that, and mine look like brand new...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Day one review of the Stoner Trim Shine.

Started the morning drive to work in the rain. Then spent the whole day parked uncovered in the sun. Because of a nearby construction, the car was covered in a film of dust and dirt. Came home and did a fast wash. Stoner product was still on the black trims and still looked pretty good. Since I did a wash I decided to put on another fast (maybe 30 second) coat to the all the black trims.
I would say this is a great product and withstood a pretty good one day test. Unless otherwise, I plan to use this product for it ease of use and great performance. Worth checking out and highly recommended!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
remove, scuff, paint, clear.

would be the best protection
pretty much, that would be the only way to make it stay shiny forever

If mine ever get to the point where their fading, ill probably pull them off, or mask off the areas really good, and scuff them down, clear the window trim etc, and paint the roof pillars gloss black, and clear over that

it would still have the textured look, but would be perfectly smooth

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just noticed a little White build-up on this window molding. i just removed it with soapy water and a toothbrush. it wasnt that bad on mine yet though.

I have used "ICE" and does ok on the roof rails.

That write-up is awesome.... Forever Black? any body else used it??

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
good find.

My roof trim is finally starting to show its age, so i'll be using my back to black on it tomorrow and then seeing if i can find that forever black stuff maybe.
Follow up:

Back to Black still going strong. Its rained pretty much every day since i applied it, except for Sunday, but i washed it saturday night :rofl:

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
you know its funny, i see everyone always complaining about the plastics on the car, but ive never put anything special on them, never use armor all or anything like that, and mine look like brand new...
MIne were pretty much perfect up until now, (3.5 year old car) and there is only early signs of age so i figured i'd tackle it now to try and keep it nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On another forum many of the guys swear by 303 Aerospace Protectant. They say it is the best for hard vinyl, rubber, plastics etc. I am probably going to get some of this in spring to use on the roof rails and rear roof shade. It is kind of pricey, but the real fussy guys say it's the best. Might be the ticket to keep the black pieces looking good on the Calibers.

Here is a link with some information about the product.

http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats the nice thing about the Rush, its has the painted/extended shade on the back. But since ours is so new, Im gonna keep using back to black on all the hard plastic NOW, so it doesnt get bad. I will keep an eye on this topic for the future!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dupli-Color Bumper Coating

Saw this on Truck U recently where the guys were restoring the plastic molded fender guards on a Jeep, seems promising so I picked up a can for 6.99 at AutoZone. Apparently it will restore original look and protect against weather. Seals real nice I guess. I'm away from home at the moment, but will report back with results soon. Anyone else used this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bondo

Bondo makes a gel that has a die in it. I did mine last summer with two coats and still looks like new. Found it at Pep Boys.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts