Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how good these world engines are going to be. Does anyone have any good info

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, seeing as Hyundai is involved, they're probabling going to last for quite a while. Hyundai's engines are pretty tight and reliable.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, true lol..

·
Registered
5 Posts
as far as im concerned joint operations are good in every aspect. think about some of the past world engine's made, or joint ventures. 4g63, the old 2.6 turbo that was in the conquest. not bad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
One good thing about these engines is that they use a timing chain in lieu of a timing belt. That ought to greatly reduce the maintenance expense. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how many HP I am going to be able to make from my 2.0l caliber and will the cvt stay together?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It should withstand a good amount. It's very heavy duty, there is a thread about it somewhere here with pics. Dunno exactly how much since the Caliber is still pretty new.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Im starting to think that the engines in the in se and sxt/rt's are gonna have alot more potnetial then the boosted srt's. We just have to wait.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
sr4tuner said:
Im starting to think that the engines in the in se and sxt/rt's are gonna have alot more potnetial then the boosted srt's. We just have to wait.
Why do you say that?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Time will tell how good these engines are. Everything revolves around the powertrain. If the world-motors are crap then the Caliber is a lost cause, and Dodge and all us have serious egg-on-face. If they are reliable, durable and strong then the Caliber is a blockbuster, we have a fantastic car and everyone will be running out to get theirs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
There's too much time and money invested in these engines by three different companies. I seriously doubt there's major flaws anywhere in the engine itself. It's built with an all new system using brand new technology in Dundee, and it has been in development for several years. Dodge did their homework with this engine and have most likely corrected the old issues with the Neon's engine.

I doubt we're going to see any problems with these engines.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The one thing that seemed odd to me about the motors is the fiber (or resin?) manifold cover... or whatever that cover is that is on top of the motor (not the fancy lawnmower-like cover). I hope that cover will stand up to the temp swings and heat of the motor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
GOT said:
The one thing that seemed odd to me about the motors is the fiber (or resin?) manifold cover... or whatever that cover is that is on top of the motor (not the fancy lawnmower-like cover). I hope that cover will stand up to the temp swings and heat of the motor.
You mean polycarbonate material. Yes! Better than most materials. You can find them on the 1999 Jeeps GC and the 2000 Dakotas.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, they are. Very sturdy engines. :p

·
Registered
567 Posts
i heard the 2.0 sohc from the neons could get 650 horsepower out of relatively easy....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Shit, I dunno about that...not saying it's not true, I just don't know. If you could, then kudos to that engine..holy shit. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts