Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Orange R/T - leather/sunroof on May 1. Latest update?
My order has been cancelled! why? sales manager doesn't know why. howcome he doesn't know? becuase they have tiny little cash register brains.
I'm so mad that i've waited this long for NOTHING!!
Anyway, he said to give him a week to find something, THEN we'll talk about giving me back my money. Give me my money back now you cheaters!
I'm gonna explode!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yikes! That sucks dude! Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out and it is all a BIG mistake in the end!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I thought I read in another thread a few weeks ago or so something to the effect of that some/many/etc existing orders were in effect "cancelled" recently, but only because they were immediately then replaced with an order for the "true" 2007 production run of Calibers that started at a certain date.

I'd check on that - it may be just an administrative "change" that merely RE-WROTE the order for the new production run, rather that an outright cancellation of it...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Who actually told you it was canceled? If it was the Dodge Info Center, I wouldn't always believe what they say. They don't know their head from their @$$. Don't call them because you won't get a straight answer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
your order wasen't cancelled. Tell your sales manager to look a little harder. DCX should of re ordered your car for the real 07 model.

All orders were cancelled for the 06.5 model and re ordered for the real 07 MY.

·
Registered
245 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Who actually told you it was canceled? If it was the Dodge Info Center, I wouldn't always believe what they say. They don't know their head from their @$$. Don't call them because you won't get a straight answer.
WOW misinformed much?

We do not have access to the vehicle ordering systems and never will. I believe you are thinking of the DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center. If you can find a posting where I indicate the status of any vehicle order directly then your comments may be justified.

We always refer these individuals to either contact the dealership or the DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center for clarification.

Us: 1-800-4A-DODGE / 1-800-Chrysler / 1-800-925-Jeep (8am-Midnight EST)
Them: 1-800-922-1997 (8am-5pm)

If they (DCCAC) cannot provide you sufficient customer service I would consider asking to speak with the supervisor. The Dodge Information Center and the DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center are two very different departments, performing two very distinct tasks located in two entirely different states.

Please take your hostilities toward us (and indirectly me) elsewhere.

Dan

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is what happens when you have unhappy customers! :mad:

·
Registered
377 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
I believe you are thinking of the DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center.
Dan,

I think that is what was meant. I've seen other people refer to the toll free number as the Dodge Info Center. You just happen to have a screen name in which most people think is the same thing as DCCAC. I don't think any offence was meant against you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Scorcoff said:
...My order has been cancelled! why? sales manager doesn't know why..... Anyway, he said to give him a week to find something, THEN we'll talk about giving me back my money......
Give him a week to find you something ? if he's saying your order is cancelled, I would think you'd be entitled to an immediate return of any money you put down. What state/province are you in ? If the dealership insists on not refunding your money right away, I'd be looking up a phone number for the the consumer protection entity in your area to find out what your options/rights are (here in Ontario, for instance, it's the Ministry of Government Services).

If, as others are saying, your Caliber has actually been re-ordered, you might want to make sure that any interest rates, incentives, rebates, etc. that you were promised will still be in effect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just found out yesterday that my order is now in ZA-cancelled and the salesman knows nothing. He's checking into it today. If it is being reordered as some are stating above, would it be getting a different VIN#?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, that msg was 2 weeks ago. Want an update?
Not as badly as I do. I have gotten no new info from the dealership. He still will not tell me where the car is. His only suggestion was that he bring one in from another province and charge me an additional $1200 shipping.
I hate this company. This is my 4th new vehicle and by far the shittiest service I've recieved. From sales person, all the way up thru to the customer assistance by phone.
10 weeks and still waiting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Scorcoff said:
Okay, that msg was 2 weeks ago. Want an update?.....
..I have gotten no new info from the dealership. He still will not tell me where the car is. His only suggestion was that he bring one in from another province and charge me an additional $1200 shipping.....
10 weeks and still waiting.
In your very first post on this subject you stated that the dealership wanted you to give them a week to "find something else", before talking refund for your cancelled vehicle. At this point, has the dealership been able to confirm that your vehicle has been re-ordered ? (as some others have suggested is probably the case). If the vehicle hasn't been re-ordered, and they haven't found you something else you feel is suitable, why are you still talking to this dealership ? and they want to charge you an additional $1200 to bring one in from another province ?!?!?

I think it's time you put your foot down and demanded your deposit (or whatever money you've paid up front) back and go somewhere else. It really seems that this dealership does not care that much about your business (and if you think they don't care now, what kind of after-sales service do you think you can expect ?). It's your money, don't let them push you around. Get some straight answers or tell them to take a hike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts