Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a vin and the plant "released" a car I ordered. The car was scheduled to ship on 05/10.

Does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes for a dealer to receive cars after they have shipped from the factory?
I guess it depends on how far you are from the factory too?

I don’t trust the dealer I have been working with and do not feel that I can take anything they tell me at face value. This past Saturday I received a call from the salesman stating that the car I ordered a Caliber SXT was in. I became very excited upon hearing this news. I arrived at the dealership to meet the salesman and finalize my delivery/acceptance of the car. As soon as we started talking he states “the car is here except there are a few glitches”. With that statement I knew immediately I would not be leaving with a car. He continued to tell me that it appeared the car arrived but was without a few key options I selected, but ensured me that the dealer could install them. The first one was a sunroof; of course I balked at this. A brand new car with a hole cut in the roof is ludicrous not only that but it is opening up the possibility for leaking and other issues which would not be covered after the warranty ran out. I immediately refused the car and would not even look at the car they said was supposed to be “mine”. Ughh, I’m working with a five star dealer but every time I go in there I feel like an idiot. They seem to be able to squeeze every last drop of pleasure, excitement, or enjoyment out of buying a car. Now the wait with no answers continues.

Just thought I would share my horror show with others. As I still wait for my car…:(

·
Registered
746 Posts
you can call dcx to find out the status of your vehicle's production. i'm betting your car actually hasn't been built yet and that the offered car was just one that was already coming in... i think the guy just tried to do the old switcherooo

·
Registered
245 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
I received a vin and the plant "released" a car I ordered. The car was scheduled to ship on 05/10.

Does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes for a dealer to receive cars after they have shipped from the factory?
I guess it depends on how far you are from the factory too?

I don’t trust the dealer I have been working with and do not feel that I can take anything they tell me at face value. This past Saturday I received a call from the salesman stating that the car I ordered a Caliber SXT was in. I became very excited upon hearing this news. I arrived at the dealership to meet the salesman and finalize my delivery/acceptance of the car. As soon as we started talking he states “the car is here except there are a few glitches”. With that statement I knew immediately I would not be leaving with a car. He continued to tell me that it appeared the car arrived but was without a few key options I selected, but ensured me that the dealer could install them. The first one was a sunroof; of course I balked at this. A brand new car with a hole cut in the roof is ludicrous not only that but it is opening up the possibility for leaking and other issues which would not be covered after the warranty ran out. I immediately refused the car and would not even look at the car they said was supposed to be “mine”. Ughh, I’m working with a five star dealer but every time I go in there I feel like an idiot. They seem to be able to squeeze every last drop of pleasure, excitement, or enjoyment out of buying a car. Now the wait with no answers continues.

Just thought I would share my horror show with others. As I still wait for my car…:(
I Agree, something has gone wrong. If you order anything from a DCX factory it will arrive exactly as ordered or not at all. On the window sticker itself is should say Prepared / Manufactured for "Your Name Here".

More then likely this is not your vehicle. My strongest suggestion is to ask to speak with the Sales/General Manager and inform him of what has happened. Make a strong point with him/her that you want your vehicle as ordered or you will be taking your business elsewhere. If they don’t oblige your request do just that.

I apologize on their behalf and wish you luck at obtaining your Caliber

Dan

·
Registered
343 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
The first one was a sunroof; of course I balked at this. A brand new car with a hole cut in the roof is ludicrous not only that but it is opening up the possibility for leaking and other issues which would not be covered after the warranty ran out.

NEVER...NEVER....NEVER get an aftermarket sunroof.....NEVER. I got one in my Neon, and am really sorry....it's from a respected installer too. The damn thing is noisy, it squeaks, and when it's closed, you continually have to open it to get it to stop squeaking...PLUS...the shae for it is noisy too...I HATE IT :mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow! I hate to add fuel to the fire....but that sucks LuckyBoy2007! How did you keep your cool and not end up in jail?! Congrats on that move! Personally, i would tell that dealer to shove it and go somewheres else. I know the wait could be killer, but the principle alone is worth it! Sorry to hear about your story....i mean nightmare!
Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought it was just me, I wanted the Steel Blue and they kept telling me they were having so much trouble finding one and if I'd just buy the Orange one on the lot I'd still get a great deal. Well, if I wanted Orange I would have asked for it wouldn't I. Finally after I told them I didn't need to get it today and i could wait and look around, lo and behold they realized they had one coming in on the train Thursday. Amazing that after looking all over the county they thought to check their incoming shipment.

·
Registered
182 Posts
SteelBlue75 said:
I thought it was just me, I wanted the Steel Blue and they kept telling me they were having so much trouble finding one and if I'd just buy the Orange one on the lot I'd still get a great deal. Well, if I wanted Orange I would have asked for it wouldn't I. Finally after I told them I didn't need to get it today and i could wait and look around, lo and behold they realized they had one coming in on the train Thursday. Amazing that after looking all over the county they thought to check their incoming shipment.
As the great Homer once stated.....'DOH!

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya i been waiting for my shipment since december... first it was "problems at the factory" then the musicgate isn't available yet... then the color isn't available... then this and that and now they are saying it is at the port in balitimore awaiting shipment to me.... i donno wut to believe but to hell with Exchange new car sales... they blow

·
Registered
414 Posts
boostdog said:
usually takes 4-6 weeks to get to the dealer after it's made.
That is what they say, reality is a different story.

It may only take 4 to 6 weeks to be built, then you have to wait for a shipment to be sent to the region, then wait for a shipment ot your area, then a shipment to your dealer.

We ordered one late March, we went and bought one first of May when no firm delivery or build date was available. It is not quite what we ordered, we ordered an SXT bought an R/T.

Was easier to buy than keep being put off by the dealer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Plus you got the R/T. Who can argue with a "forced upgrade"?

·
Registered
343 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
I assume it is easy to tell an aftermarket sunroof from factory installed?
yes...the aftermarket will have a metal rim mounted to the roof, and the factory installed one will fit flush (glass only) into the roof of the car...you'll be a ble to tell it was factory installed

·
Registered
245 Posts
mudstone said:
ya i been waiting for my shipment since december... first it was "problems at the factory" then the musicgate isn't available yet... then the color isn't available... then this and that and now they are saying it is at the port in balitimore awaiting shipment to me.... i donno wut to believe but to hell with Exchange new car sales... they blow
I would suggest finding a new dealership. It might also be worth your while to take a drive to a neighboring community to find someone who might be more willing to work with you.

If you call 1-800-4A-DODGE they can locate you a dealership, or you can do it yourself on www.dodge.com under Find a Dealer (left hand side)

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my no option R/T in Marine Pearl five weeks ago. My sales droid has told me for the last two weeks it is coded for "all parts available, awaiting scheduling". Anybody aware of any delays on the production line? I I asked the dealer if I could check on it myself, they said no, they'll keep on it and call me. One post mentioned checking with DCX directly - how can I do that?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Get the VON number from the dealer, that is the Vehicle Order Number, with that you can call 1-800-992-1997, Chrysler Service Center, and they can give you the status.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been waiting since 04 April for a Sunset Orange R/T. Best status I have is that it should be built in early June, since the order was accepted. The resident Sales Manager said that came from the district guy when he talked to him last week.

Demand is outa sight on this car, so i would not be surprised that 10 to 12 weeks end up being the norm until late August, and the 3rd shift is up to speed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
April 10th order. May 4th received VIN. Status - before the gate. The waiting for the car at this point has become a fact of life. Hard to think what I might do when the thing actually shows up.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Bowman, what does "before the gate" status mean?

I received my VIN on 5/4 also but when I call for a status, they have no info to offer me except to call my salesman who also knows nothing!

·
Registered
506 Posts
thanks Dan but umm around my community no such dodge... i'm in germany and don't really wanna spend 800$ on a round trip ticket to visit the closest community with a dodge dealer in it....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts